Bicycles on the road

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by ThatOtherGuy, Oct 12, 2011.

1. glory racing

glory racing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not upset at anything and possess very limited understanding of my capabilities and riding skills. However I can usually travel the speed limit safely.
  2. Ridge

Ridge Faster than farm equipment. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Your posts on the site state otherwise... sooooo; you're just trolling here?

3. glory racing

Oddometer:
    For the majority of corners my eyes are usually shut tight and I just hope that I am still on the road when I open them. I'd guess that qualifies as limited understanding.
  4. Ridge

Oddometer:
    I guess they're shut in your avatar as well... thanks for playing.
  5. glory racing

Oddometer:
    No, I said the majority of corners and for some reason, probably knowing there was a camera, on that particular corner I wasn't skeered. And your welcome, i try to make playing fun for all involved.
  6. bajasam

bajasam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just make sure State Farm gets my money on time,so in my old age and poor eyesight compounded with slow reaction time and being on medical weed 24/7 if I happen to run over one of them little buggers at least everything is taken care of iffin them lawyers get involved.We all need to get along and share for sure,but I know how scared I get in traffic on my big 700lb motorcycle,cant imagine those peddlebikers must be crazy or not to smart wanting to get out on the road with 4000lb cars only wearing pantyhose,with no steel cage protecting them.Good luck-stay safe-be nice
    glory racing likes this.
  7. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    If lawyers get involved, they'll search your social media, and find this post stating that you operate motor vehicles under the influence of drugs........

Things may not work out as you wish.
  8. glory racing

Oddometer:
    So don't post any of this on facebook please.
  9. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    The genie is already out of the bottle.........
    liberpolly likes this.
  10. glory racing

Oddometer:
    Don't think so. How will they find this post on adv?
  11. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    They'd need to doxx a user. While possible, it's unlikely. Although we are talking about insurance companies, so...
  12. liberpolly

liberpolly Nu, shoyn, nudnick!

Oddometer:
    I bet you have that photo somewhere under your real name.
  13. glory racing

Oddometer:
    nope...what else ya got?
  14. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    I personally know nothing about it, but I know someone who does insurance investigation, and their advise is to never put anything out there that could be used against you.
    If others want or need to believe otherwise, no skin off my nose.
  15. glory racing

Oddometer:
    Yes that is good advice as social media (facebook, twitter, etc) can and will be checked. However, posts on forums under screen names can be difficult to find by a third party. Regardless, it is always wise to just say nothing...but what fun would that be.
    BobcatSig likes this.
  16. Ridge

Oddometer:
    As I am currently sifting through the belongings of a dear friend that recently lost her life to an overdose... the virtual life and things you think are private are only that way so long as you maintain control of them.

In the case of a motor vehicle accident, especially one where others were injured or, even worse, killed; the life of the accused, real and virtual, is then under a legal microscope via search warrants that include computer passwords that then lead to social media posts, message board entries, emails, listservs, etc... they will scrutinize everything to find culpability and burden of proof.
    BobcatSig likes this.
  17. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    True, but ...

... this. Matching, with certainty, users with their real names in such a manner for it to be actionable by an insurance adjuster is a tough ask. Not to say it can't be done, but unlikely.
  18. bajasam

bajasam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My gosh, what are they going to investigate, that I'm a senior citizen,a crappy driver,take prescription medicine????. All they care about is I had insurance, I guarantee they'll take the money and move on. An accident settlement is easy money for surviving spouses and their att'y.In my medium city of almost a million, bicyclist get killed almost weekly,as long as you stay at the scene ,report it and are licensed and insured it's Case Closed.We're not talking premeditated vehicle assault or wacko klansmen chasing down black dudes. Just a simple accident that no one wanted to happen.You guys are over doing the self-importance card.Please ride safe,with or without a motor. And facebook is for kids and bored housewives.
  19. Warin

Warin Retired

Oddometer:
    Simple answer: When it is dangerous.

People will get all sorts of words in there to try and explain what is meant, but the meaning of dangerous is subject to different assessment depending on experience and view point. Hence laws are introduced to make a common meaning... just like speed limits they are for the lowest common denominator.
  20. KeithC

KeithC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you operate a motor vehicle knowing you are a crappy driver under the influence of medicine that impares you , a collision you might cause is not an accident, simple or otherwise... Same goes for situations where the driver is otherwise distracted. This has to be either trolling, or a complete moron that thinks this way. But hey its all good as long as you are insured for the legal state minimum...easy money for surviving spouse?