Big (2-up)scooter rental in Croatia?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Mechanista, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Mechanista

Mechanista manic depressive

Oddometer:
    We are looking to do a 2-up loop ride through the motherland in June. Wondering if anyone might have inside knowledge on a rental shop?
    By-the-way, we are lowbrow and laid back scooter-scum...
  2. Mechanista

Oddometer:
    Specifically, arriving in Dubrovnik in June and riding back into town 10 days later?
  3. glitch_oz

glitch_oz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mechanista likes this.
  4. dooby

dooby aka Frgich

Oddometer:
    Welcome back to motherland Mechanista :clap .

So picking would be in Dubrovnik and dropping of as well? Can you get me some dates, and I can check who is offering what ?

If going to Zagreb, let me know, stopping for a beer at our place is always welcomed :beer ,

cheers
    dooby
    Mechanista and glitch_oz like this.
  5. Mechanista

Oddometer:
    Arrive June 7 in Dubrovnik, but could pick up to ride the 8th or 9th. Bringing back to Dubrovnik the 16th. Need to be (2) 250-400cc to haul two people each bike with minimal luggage.
    Looked at Discovery Rentals, but their website shows Euros. I thought Croatia uses Hrk.?
    Thanks for the info, I am planning to ride up that way too!
    Richard Biocic
    dooby likes this.
  6. dooby

dooby aka Frgich

Oddometer:
    Hi Richard!

it would be great pleasure to meet you someday.

We use kuna's but very often in tourism pricing is shown in EUR, as it's easier for clients.

This is best option for rentals in Dubrovnik: www.brabel.hr/en/ owner Branko is great guy.

On the other side all the people I have met in my life in Colorado and from Colorado were awesome !

cheers
    dooby
  7. Mechanista

Oddometer:
    Cool! Thanks for the info!!!
    dooby likes this.
  8. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    Have you been there before? We went last year, but didn't do any riding. Dubrovnik is one of my favorite cities in the world. Wandering around at night, walking the perimeter wall during the day, it's just so amazing.

On that same trip, my wife and I rented a Malaguti 250 scooter in Naples Italy. With both of us on it (we probably weighed twice as much as the scooter), a backpack, and small suitcase between my legs full of limocello (don't ask :lol3), we were able to do 60-65 mph. We could have rented a larger Honda, but I was stubborn and wanted something Italian.
    dooby and Mechanista like this.
  9. Mechanista

Oddometer:
    We haven't been there before. We have family still there, but it just hasn't worked out to go before now.
    I'm hoping to rent an Aprilia, but...
  10. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    We spent 3 nights in Dubrovnik, and I thought it was perfect. My wife says a week there would have been good. Split looks interesting too, but I don't think it's a walled city like Dubrovnik. I also saw some pretty cool pictures of Montenegro, but we didn't have time for that either. (We did Athens, Santorini, Amalfi, and Dubrovnik in 2 weeks.)

The thing I took away from my visit to Croatia was an appreciation for the people. They had the strength of the Slavic people, with the warmth of the Mediterraneans. I've not seen that elsewhere. You're going to have a great time.
    NSFW, Mechanista and dooby like this.