Big Bear Get Together May 18-20

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Trey650, Mar 22, 2007.

1. shleppy

shleppy Shlepdawg on da smoov tip

Oddometer:
    Had a great time up in Big Bear.. thanks for setting this one up Trey !

Great people and all around fun. Thanks for the good times everyone :D

Since I think I'm the first one back down the hill from the weekend so I'm going to post a ride report ... writing up some stuff now and adding photos.. I'll post the link here when I get the post up.

--Shlepp-- (AKA Jeff)

[edit] - post is up peeps check out this linky http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4638159#post4638159
  2. focallength

focallength Certifiable

Oddometer:
    had a great time thanks to all. :D
  3. cap'n Jack

cap'n Jack YAAARRR... or something

Oddometer:
    WOW! what a great time! It was truly a pleasure meeting you all, thanks for making me feel welcome. Trey650, thanks for putting it all together.

TwoWheelsGood Thanks for guiding us through an awesome day, not sure what was more challenging, navigating the rutted out down-hills or choking back the spicy tuna roll! :huh

Can't wait to do it again!
  4. Bullseye

Bullseye Mr. Bad Example Supporter

Oddometer:
    >> I just moved my post and photos to the appropriate location in Ride Reports. <<
  5. Zen Slug

Zen Slug Spineless Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Taylor,

Put those awesome pics up in the ride report shleppy started:deal

Except the one of my laying on the ground, that is :wink:

I got quite a few of my bike laying on the ground today as well... and TWG on the ground a couple times. My pics are uploading now, but it might be a couple days before I have time to put together a "ride report" posting. I'll put a link to the album here in case anybody wants to use my pics in their own reports.

Does anybody know if Chris made it home okay? His toyhauler and grill and all were still at camp when we left around 2pm, but no sign of him or his bike.:dunno
  6. Bullseye

Bullseye Mr. Bad Example Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads-up Zen, I missed Shleppy's post in Ride Reports. I just moved my stuff over to the Ride Report thread.
  7. shoco

shoco Not So Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
  8. Zen Slug

Oddometer:
    My pics are uploaded HERE

Feel free to use 'em for your own additions to shleppy's report if you want to.

If anybody took pics and doesn't have a smugmug account, you can email them to me and I'll put them on my smugmug account for you. Send full resolution versions, but keep each email below 20MB in combined file sizes.

eranh (at) sbcglobal (dot) net

That was a fun weekend!!!!:freaky
  9. sito

sito Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wanted to thank all you guys for setting this trip up! you guys rock!:clap . I wasn't planning on going but at the last moment things changed. I showed up late Friday night set up my tent went to eat in town and came back to camp and pass out! (I have a new born at home so sleep is at a premium). I didn't know anyone going except (rider914 "MATT") who I only met once at Warp. Hooked up with Matt in the morning and headed over to the group. I was worried because I don't have to many miles on the 950 and I know some of the easy trails you guys take are really double black diamond jeep trails!:huh
    Matt seemed to be the most experienced and knowledgeable rider so I think the leadership was forced upon him. He did a great job! He took us on a great ride. (THANKS!). I had a great time and all the people in my group were great! We had some great riding a good mix of stuff. We eat at a fun place out in the middle of nowhere? I don't think I could ever find that place again! dam good food!

I'm just sorry I could stay and hang out with you guy's Sat. night:cry but duty called at home! can't wait to do it again soon! :clap
  10. CollinsB

CollinsB Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got a late start Saturday am., arrive in Hanna Flats around 10:45am and no ADV'rs!...:huh ..I head off to explore. After several hours, head back to Hanna, where "DustJunkie" just happens to be, after a clutch failure cut his ride short. Met he and a couple others that rolled in....I didn't have time to stick around for the evening, but it looks like all had a great time!.
  11. OCblue650

OCblue650 Where'd everybody go?

Oddometer:

Hey Everybody! I made it out alive, thanks for checking on me Zen!:thumb . After breakfast I ended up riding around Holcum Valley and then went over the dam and around the lake where I ran into Design4D (Michael) we rode up Mill creek to Skyline (2N10) and rode across to Moonridge. I shot back across the lake via the cut off and cruised back down into Holcum via 2N09 and eventually back up to camp on 3N12. Got back to camp around 3. I logged about another 70 miles or so and I am paying for at least the last 40 today! :twitch but it was worth it.

Thanks to all for a great trip!!:thumbup That was my first ADV get together and my first motorized experience in BB - KUDOS to a GREAT group! Thanks Trey for getting the ball rolling and thanks to all of you for making me feel welcome. Special Thanks to whomever rolled my BBQ back over to my camp! I was happy to see it there when i got back.

This is what you call the parting shot:
    [​IMG]

:thumb I'll post a link to all of my photos and add to the ride report when I have regained my strength -
  12. Zen Slug

Oddometer:
    Chris,

Thanks for the update.... and thanks for the awesome food on Saturday!

That was TWG and myself... you're very welcome!
  13. shleppy

shleppy Shlepdawg on da smoov tip

Oddometer:
    Yo Chris..

Thanks for dragging your BBQ up there for all of us to use for the dinner shindig :thumb

The use of the grille and the grubbin' of your apple/blueberry cobbler was much appreciated by all.
  14. yzflv

yzflv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1 :D
  15. rickf

rickf oldfatguyMAN

Oddometer:
    I'm still having wierd stickmeat dreams.................thanks Jake!
  16. toddh

toddh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that was up there. Had a great time riding, couldn't ask for better weather, or company. Lotta cool folks around here.:freaky
  17. Trey650

Trey650 Are We There Yet?

Oddometer:
    +2 that cobbler was the best. You are welcome in my camp anytime.
  18. rickf

rickf oldfatguyMAN

Oddometer:
    Shame we missed the sushi, eh?
  19. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

Oddometer:

:loaded:eek2