Big Bear Part Dux - Sept. 18-19

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Fishyhead, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Edelweys

Edelweys DOM undercover

Oddometer:
    Olympus; either uT8000, or ST8000
    waterproof...!
  2. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    the battery on my video camera went dead RIGHT before Devil's Hole, so no video of me and Punkenduro goin thru.

i'll have some videos up later today of us shredding.:chace
  3. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    As cool as that seems, that's pretty messed up. I never wash my car but please, don't anyone ever leave me this kind of message.
  4. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    The underwater thing is pretty cool. Thanks.

Andreas, if you click the embed button below the video in YouTube then copy and paste the code in here, it will show up like a photo. It's a little more enticing than the URL.

Like this
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QsOLLie_HyM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QsOLLie_HyM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  5. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    Nice pictures Randy. Did you pull the animated gifs from your video or still camera? Is there a feature in the camera or did you do it manually?
  6. Edelweys

Edelweys DOM undercover

Oddometer:
    Thanks Eric, that's good info for a complete Nooboob to Youtube. Let me try it here for the other 2 vids:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pCrPwN4Pdy8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pCrPwN4Pdy8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YsvSBAxlq6k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YsvSBAxlq6k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  7. Edelweys

Edelweys DOM undercover

Oddometer:
    And here the rest of the pics:

[​IMG]
  8. espi

espi scheming adventurer

Oddometer:
    My camera used is the Olympus stylus tough- Costco sells them for $169.00.
    Shockproof/ water proof to 10 meters:deal
  9. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    Cool. Don't get too many opportunities to shoot underwater, but it would also come in handy in the rain or when I forget to take my camera case off my bike before I pressure wash it.

Great pictures as usual Andreas. You don't have as much room for photo equipment on that little bike. Just you, your camera and your skills.
  10. Vermon

Vermon not gnarly

Oddometer:
    Edelweys / Pablo ...grreat stuff !

E it was good to see ya in the saddle again buddy!

11. Vermon

Vermon not gnarly

Oddometer:
    thanks Sito, for everything, good ride good times buddy!
  12. espi

espi scheming adventurer

Oddometer:
  13. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
    waterproof ='s Dust proof
    bought my son 1 last month he loves it
    and just bought myself 1 Friday for an upcoming ride
  14. RandyM

RandyM Less talk, More ride

Oddometer:
    Here is the video from 2W01 single track

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TWsJ7gc2Ejo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TWsJ7gc2Ejo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

The wide angle lens and fisheye effect exaggerate the steepness of the hill looking to the right (down hill), but it was still steep enough that you would not want to fall over on that side :lol3

Special thanks to Espi for catching my bike before it went under. Thanks to everyone for a great ride.
  15. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    Great video Randy. I think it really was that steep.
  16. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    AWESOME PICS AND VIDEOS.....:clap :clap :clap

i'm sure you all know by now that we hardly get this stuff whenever a group of advanced riders go riding....:lol3

great job and thanks to all contributors...:thumb

hope you guys let me borrow several pics and videos and add them to my RR so we can keep them in the l.a. weekend journal....:wave
  17. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:

watchoo talkin 'bout Willis
  18. NSFW

Oddometer:
    there's the world "hardly"

look (i mean read) before you jump...:D

but we all know you're special and different...your RR rocks.
  19. riceless

riceless Let's Ride!

Oddometer:
    I've got some stuff to post but my satellite internet provider has limited my capabilities to load stuff. It happens whenever I exceed my bandwidth allotment. Words still work, just not pictures. When it gets back to normal, I intend to contribute. Untill then I'll just say that it was fun seeing you guys. Nice to meet new riders as well as see some I old friends. The LA-ADV group really is a great group. :thumbup

I really wish the group had made it to Pappy's cause I know at least one of you PPs would have taken a picture of the waitress. She was pretty,:eek1 but I was too shy. :shog

:wave
  20. NSFW

Oddometer:
    brent, we would have certainly made it to pt if only i didn't go for a swim...:lol3

i owe all the guys a beer or 2 for messing up the plan. now the horny toads will even hate me more that you mentioned the pretty waitress.....:ddog