Big Bike Solo on the Trans-Am Trail (TN-MS-AR-OK-NM)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Cannonshot, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Subieguy

Subieguy Life’s a garden, dig it!

Oddometer:
    I’m just now reading this 11 years later and man I’m dreaming of running the TAT on my strom! I’ve got a little hike to hit it being from central Pa, but you’ve inspired me. Thank you so much for the awesome documentation of your trip. I just wanted to drop a comment to let you know that even 11 years later, you’re still inspiring new v strom owners to tackle the TAT.
    Cannonshot likes this.
  2. Sting

Sting Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hei Cannonride,

Another bump for your most excellent report. Been reading it over the afternoon during slow points at work.

I'm from Canada and just heard about the TAT on a Yammie Noob video... Definitely an adventure I'd love to tackle on my 1st gen WeeStrom. I would think it should handle things just as well as your DL1000 did, equipped properly. Thanks for showing that it can be done. I've been checking out Sam's website and going to save some coins to purchase his maps.

And I'm crazy enough to try it solo as you did. You're the man!
    Cannonshot likes this.
  3. MotoChron

MotoChron Got Dirt?! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you for bumping this to the front page. Most excellent ride report per usual!! I love the comment you made about not riding alone, just with friend you hadn't met yet. Good stuff.