Big Bikes to Carrizo Plain Jan 16th

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, Jan 4, 2010.

1. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :thumb

mr. G....now i know that G is for giving!..:thumb

greg, good job in providing baron bolton the rear tire; exactly what's his looking.........meaning the right size and it's FREEEEEEEEEE!

i gave him the link from your fleamarket post. awesome networking baby....:clap
  2. r3r3r

r3r3r Wildebeast

Oddometer:
    Looks like an awesome ride. Glad the weather held out for everyone! :ricky
  3. NSFW

Oddometer:
    twas a perfect timing, the day after the storm came! last year we have to wait out for another week to do it.

we plan to make this :evil an annual event....:beer

breakfast in ojai; late lunch pozo, overnight in slo and breakfast on the ride home in summerland.
  4. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    Or leave early, eat beef jerky and drink warm beer from a backpack. Be home before dark.

Doesn't quite sound the same, does it?
  5. rinconrider

rinconrider Sir Crash-a-lot

Oddometer:

what, you chose compassion over greed? good man, you have my respect.

:thumb

and yeah the f650gs did me so well, i remember why i loved that bike so much, why i bought it. i suppose i just need to chuck tkcs on it and ride it like it was meant to be ridden. on rides EXACTLY like this one.

wes
  6. WallyWhirled

WallyWhirled Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I'd suggest breakfast at one of the beautiul wineries in SLO and or Santa Babara county. SLO to Summerland with no sustenence is too far. Maybe Jalama is mo betta.

Another day allows for a ride over Figueroa Mtn and/or E/W Camino Cielo which is arguably the most beautiful dual sport ride in Cali.

WW
  7. Super Suz

Super Suz N00b with B00b

Oddometer:

Thanks, Joel! I'll put it in the hat at the club hall on Weds night. It'll be doubled and sent to help Haiti.
  8. PukaWai

PukaWai Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmm, I remembered this thread from a while ago, but can't believe it was 3 years ago!
    Anyways, I take it this is not a yearly thing?
  9. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    We did this several weeks ago. Name was changed to protect the guilty. A day of riding, Qatal Canyon (snowy muddy adventure) rode the Carrizo, Spent the night at Pozo Saloon. Good food, great company and the 18F temps in teh morning were epic. Hi mountain road to breakfast at Pappy's then Camino Cielo on the way home.
  10. NSFW

Oddometer:
  11. PukaWai

PukaWai Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the RR. Looks like it was a lot of fun - well maybe some didn't find the snow or sand to be that much fun but didn't look like those stretches we too long. Bummer that I forgot what month that happened and missed out on this year. Was it posted anywhere? Obviously not a continuation of this thread...