Big Thanks to BigTwin

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Doug Matson, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Mikey Monger

Mikey Monger When pigs fly...

Oddometer:
    BigTwin-

Hope I'm still on your list!
  2. Shamal

Shamal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here's some damage to the rightside tank, without protectors, of course. The tank is actually bent in a little. This was from a rocky double-track climb that didn't go so well for me.

Attached Files:

• ouch.jpg
      ouch.jpg
      File size:
      101.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Doug Matson

Doug Matson Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well come to the site! Sorry to hear about and see the damage. The tank protectors can pay for themselves pretty quick.
  4. Goss

Goss LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    BigTwin, are you sending us waiting customers PM's or emailing us directly when our turn is up ?

Goss:freaky
  5. BigTwin

BigTwin Adventure Hound

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the info Nomiles.
    Hey Shamal, sorry to see your damage.

Goss, I'm contacting by whatever means I have. Usually if people sent me their e-mail address I will contact that way.
  6. Goss

Goss LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well I can't remember what I gave you. Check your PM's and I will give you my info.

Thanks again,
    Goss
  7. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Throttle committed

Oddometer:
    Well, I don't know nothing about theory and UV but I do know about testing stuff, especially if it involves crashing :evil.

And one thing I can tell you about BigTwin is that he did a hell of a good job :thumb. During the Barstow-Vegas I had 4 "opportunities" to test them including 2 on rocky sections. Here is one example on the left side:

[​IMG]

That was didn't do much to them but I had a nastier one (no pic) on the right side that would have done major damages to the tank if I didn't have 6 layers of Carbon-Kevlar to protect them!

[​IMG]

Most of the damage is cosmetic except in some spots where one or maybe 2 layers have been damaged. No big deal and I supposed I could buy some epoxy to "glue" the fibers back in place. Cosmetic is not an issue for me on this bike anyway...

:clap :clap :clap THANKS BigTwin!!! :clap :clap :clap
  8. Shamal

Shamal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Jean-Luc- I admire your will to take pics in the middle of that! Every time it happens to me (on the 650GS, too), I never take photos 'cause the adreneline is pumping to much...
  9. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Throttle committed

Oddometer:
    The "game" with friends is to take a pic of each other crashs (if they're not hurt, obviously) before they pick up the bike. Therefore I'm usually very prompt at picking it up but this time, I was by myself, it was maybe my 4th crash and I thought "heck, you're stopped anyway, why not taking a picture!"