Bike Bandit Locked downed??

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by HighTechCoonass, May 19, 2020.

1. HighTechCoonass

HighTechCoonass Living the Dream....

Oddometer:
    its been 20 days and they still haven't shipped my order... they say they are backup up and was going to work the weekend (last weekend)? I am thinking they are in locked down / non-essential. Anyone know anything?
  2. cwadej

cwadej Keeper of the truth

Oddometer:
    I dont know anything, but I live about 10 minutes from them. I'll ride by tomorrow and see if it's empty or are they working. It's warehouse and offices only, no store, which is dumb!
  3. CRracer712

CRracer712 Africa Twin Rocks! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I ordered a jacket and gloves from them on the 21st of April. Early may I called to inquire. They said April 30th, my gloves were checked in. Said my jacket had arrived, but wasn't checked in, would probably be that week. A week ago Tuesday I called back to inquire. I was told the situation is still the same as when I'd called before. Haven't checked in my jacket.

I cancelled my jacket, they had no problem with that. They also sent my gloves out. I ordered that jacket from motorcycle gear and had it the next day(a week ago today). My gloves arrived Saturday.

Never again. Jacket was a closeout item and was afraid it'd end up being unavailable if I waited.

I was told every time that they were just soooo busy, and only had a skeleton crew in the warehouse. They also order direct from manufacture when you order, they don't actually stock much of anything.
  4. phreakingeek

phreakingeek Big Ear Inc - Virginia Provider Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've had a couple orders from them over the last couple weeks. But the one I placed on 5/11 hasnt shipped yet though.

I had to source some parts from other places to get the bike back together.
  5. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    I foresee a very short future for them if they keep going this way... All the vendors I have ordered from have shipped the items. Delays with UPS or USPS may be possible but that is out of anyone's control. We ship daily as well and sometimes our packages arrive a day later then usual but very rarely. YMMV
  6. N0madic

N0madic Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I placed an order one month ago for some OEM and aftermarket parts and half the order shipped the next day and to my door within four days of order. The OEM parts and some wheel weights were on backorder and at the third week, I tried calling and using the chat feature on their website, neither of which were operational. This concerned me some so I sent an email asking for a definitive shipping time for my parts and if I didn't receive a response with the info in a reasonable time, I would dispute the charge. I received an automated response the next day that my remaining items were shipping with tracking info provided and I just received the shipment today after a prolonged delay from UPS.

So in the end I'm satisfied and keeping in mind the people there are trying to navigate their way through the current climate just like the rest of us and parts from suppliers are taking longer as well, especially OEM with shipping delays along the way.

I've received aftermarket parts from other vendors in a timely manner, but all the parts were also listed as in stock.
  7. HighTechCoonass

HighTechCoonass Living the Dream....

Oddometer:
    3 weeks ago reason for the hold was Honda was shipping to them. Then told me my oem Honda parts we’re received (with in 4 days of the order) but they were still on a pallet and they didn’t have time to check it in. They said, I was in line and my stuff should ship that week. (Last Thursday). I told them I was going to hang in there with them but, Still no ship notification . 21 calendar days no movement.
  8. SuddenLee

SuddenLee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is a very concerning post above mine. I ordered some screws to put the blinkers back on with on an XL 185s and the have no problem debiting my account but no such hurry on shipping me the parts.
  9. JP4

JP4 Thumper Geek

Oddometer:
    I ordered a KTM PP seat from KTM Twins last week. I got an update from UPS, shipped from Bike Bandit, should be here tomorrow. I guess KTM Twins was bought out.
  10. motoclimb

motoclimb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bikebandit has been "slow" to ship in the years I have been riding. Placed an order on 5/9 of Ships next business day tires, with the thought they would be here by the first week of June. Still showing that they haven't shipped...
    Brtp4 likes this.
  11. markk53

markk53 jack of all trades... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not an excuse for Bike Bandit, but what I know is holding up my shipping. There are shipping problems depending on the routing of orders. I've run into that with the cam chain tensioners I sell. Mine are mostly really delayed going through customs, but I've learned the hot spots like Chicago, New York, and the west coast are overloaded and up to a week behind. Fact is the postal clerks I know well said it is taking up to four days shipping intrastate in Ohio. Partly pandemic caused and partly increased volume of shipping as economy is ramping up.
  12. penguinsfan82

penguinsfan82 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just to give fair warning, I ordered a part from Bike Bandit online last week and am about ready to dispute the charge on my credit card. First of all, they offered a 10% off price, then charged my card for the full amount; no one will answer any emails or pick up the phone on their end and my part has still not shipped. Terrible customer service and they will never see my business again. We have a lot of options when we order online, they should realize that this is no way to build customer loyalty.
  13. JStory

JStory Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fuck Bike Bandit.
    I ordered head bolts and washers for my DR650 on 5-2-20. Bike Bandit took my money on 5-3.
    I called them On Friday, 6-5, to find out my order status. After 25 minutes on hold, I was told that they had my parts in stock, but couldn't find one of the bolts in the warehouse. WTF? No communication from them for 34 days. Under the current circumstances, I'm willing to cut them a little slack, but a month? They've had my money for over a month, I don't have my parts.
    I told the guy that I expected a little extra effort to get my order out. He basically told me to pound sand. I told him that if I did not have my parts in one week, that I will cancel my order. "What ever you need to do, sir".
    I probably should not have let it go that long, but my cases are out for machine work.
    I'm done with them. I'll never give them another cent.
    penguinsfan82 likes this.
  14. penguinsfan82

penguinsfan82 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have been waiting almost two weeks for a simple reply to my emails. They have since disabled their chat feature and both phone lines just ring busy. I did see the owner posted a letter on the website today telling of better times ahead. His effort would have been better spent responding to his customers from whom he has taken money with no delivery of product.
    JStory likes this.
  15. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess they live up to the Bandit part in their name ....:eek7
    Chillis likes this.
  16. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Buck Bandit
    brianbrannon and Chillis like this.
  17. phreakingeek

phreakingeek Big Ear Inc - Virginia Provider Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I finally got a couple emails telling me my orders are delayed...LOL I guess in case you didnt know your orders were delayed after 3 weeks without anything showing up. They didnt include an ETA though.
  18. motoclimb

motoclimb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was sent an email asking for a review of the tires that hadn't shipped. I left a review that said as much and magically I got a shipping notice shortly after. Supposed to arrive today, 1 month after ordering.
    The handle bars that are on the same order might be MIA for a while longer.

My debate now is to send the tires back for a refund or to just never use BikeBandit again.
  19. penguinsfan82

penguinsfan82 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I received a standard email saying the same thing, just delayed. No details or specific response provided. I keep emailing each day to no effect. At this point, it looks like fraud to me. They took my money and have not provided any guarantee of delivery.
  20. mminob

mminob MotoHolic

Oddometer:
    Yes , my order and return response is delayed , however , in this strange upside down turned world lately , I can understand that the logistics and reduced personal can be a real problem ...

Some shipping company's have been amazing for some of my orders and some have issues , UPS , USPS , E BAY , AMAZON , etc. , have been swamped ...

I have used BikeBandit for years and they have been great to deal with over the years so I'm going to be patient and chill out , no worries ...

Here is a link to the letter that they just sent :thumb https://www.bikebandit.com/blog/an-open-letter-to-our-customers