1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Bike importation to UAE

Discussion in 'Africa & Mid East' started by Macosie, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Macosie

Macosie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know for Sharjah and for Abu Dhabi, a vehicle that leaves is suppose to be "exported", even if it is just between Emirates. It might be different for Dubai. For me, it meant that I needed a blue export plate and special documents to get it out of the country. It might not matter since the bike is already out of the UAE.

I would first check to see if it matters to the Canadian government. You have unusual circumstances to begin with. I think they just want a bill of lading, and proof of ownership. It probably would be best if you made an appointment and go down to the local customs office to see what you need to do. Sorry I can't be more help.

Good luck
  2. faircraft

faircraft Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm going to work in Abu Dhabi and want to ship my bike from Houston. I'm digging around on the internet and trying to figure everything out. Has anyone use an agent or company to deal with the shipping/registration?
  3. myr1100r

myr1100r R1100R

Oddometer:
    Hi,

I plan to bring my '95 R1100R, I wonder how much Customs in Dubai will put value on it for tax, and is 5% tax is still valid now?
  4. TravelZen

TravelZen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As far as I know, it's around 5% of the bikes value. That is just for importation though and you'll still have to pay for registration, shipping, etc. Best bet is probably to call up a company that does it and ask them. https://www.a1autotransport.com/ship-car-to-dubai.php Make sure you look for proof of experience before taking advice, even from an auto shipper. International regulations like this can change from time to time and any minor errors or oversight can cause delays and be costly.
  5. bluebossa

bluebossa n00b

Oddometer: