Bike night in Denver

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by jimcolombo, May 20, 2002.

1. jimcolombo

jimcolombo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Folks,

Tuesday nights have turned into a bit of a bike night at the bar I work at in Denver.

A gang meets at 6pm at the bar for a dual sport ride. They and a bunch of other folks show again at the bar at dark. I show videos(Dakar, On any Sunday, WSB, Motocross, etc.) and folks just hang out and talk about bikes and whatnot.

It is not a swolen-chested squid gathering. It has turned into a great gang of men and women on all sorts of bikes, including plenty of street bikes.

Come by and have a beer or a coffee. Meet new folks in the area. Call if you have questions.

The bar is called Thorndykes. It is at 2203 Larimer St(right at the corner of 22nd), just 2 blocks from Coors Field. The number is 303-297-0303.

Look for my yellow F650GS with black Jesses parked out front.

Cheers,

Jim Colombo
  2. Bi-Guy

Bi-Guy Re-Tired Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Jim:

My brother and I will be visiting my nephew in Denver the first week of August. We're planning on some day trips around there and probably an overnight ride to Sturgis. If we're in town on Tuesday, we'll drop by and :1drink
  3. jimcolombo

jimcolombo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cool man. If you need riding suggestions, give a shout.

Cheers,

Jim
  4. GSL

GSL Team Big Wheel

Oddometer:
    Hey, that's cool. I've always stayed away from bike nights for the reasons that you mention. But, dual-sport and actually riding? I might have to make the trip up from C. Spr. one of these Tuesdays. :evil

Of course, I'd have to buy a bike first...
  5. jimcolombo

jimcolombo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey CSL,

I agree that it is cool(and a relief). There is nothing I hate more than the squid motorcycle image to make us all look bad.

This is a really great gang of folks. Ages range from 20's to 60's so there is a real variety of experience.

Stop by someday.

Cheers,

Jim
  6. sfarson

sfarson On a Ride

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info... may show up some Tuesday night.

FWIW, I saw an ad in the local paper (I live in Bailey) for car and motorcycle shows at a Crossroads restaurant in Pine Junction, CO. Every Tuesday night supposedly. This is right at Hwy 285 in Pine Junction. However, going by the other day, this new restaurant had not opened up yet. Anyway, may be something to check out later in the summer... expecially if a mountain ride looks appealing.

Steve

'01 R1150GS