Bike Rental in San Diego

Discussion in 'Americas' started by mcman56, Feb 11, 2008.

1. mcman56

mcman56 n00b

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a recommendation on where to rent a bike in San Diego? I would prefer a mid to large standard like an SV or Vstrom. I'm also sort of paranoid about all of the warnings on bike rental web sites. If a rental bike falls off of its kick stand, it sounds like it could cost $2,000. I would prefer to rent one that has already fallen off the stand so a couple of more scratches would not matter. Does such a rental place exist?
  2. dtop1

dtop1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    This doesn't meet your scratch & dent criteria but it's the only place to rent a road bike other than a Harley in San Diego. www.calif-motorcyclerental.com tel 858.456.9577. Dan
  3. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
  4. Prizrak

Prizrak MonkeyButt

Oddometer:
    I've actually rented from that outfit and the guy (can't remember his name) is a real BMW guy...and nice. He only rents R1200R's, but they are in top shape and squared away. He's active with the local SD BMW group and is on a first name basis with Steve Dennis, who is the SD BMW service manager. Met Steve on my way up to Palomar Mountain in what was a freak snowstorm that day. Well, I am from Maine after all, so I guess winter/snow just follows me around.

Call/Web the appointment on his site and he'll call you and give an address to meet him; bikes are kept at a storage unit north of downtown off of Rosecrans Ave. Convenient, quick. Hell, the guy even gave me a lift to the airport after I returned the bike.

Great folks to deal with and highly recommended.
  5. Jack90210

Jack90210 quia ego nominor leo

Oddometer:
    +1
  6. dtop1

dtop1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    His name is Don Picker. Dan