Bike rental needed in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Meritlane, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Meritlane

Meritlane Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i am flying to Milwaukee in two weeks for a couple of days riding. I have been trying to find a bike to rent or borrow The only option I’ve found are Harley’s from Eagle Rider. Don’t get me wrong, Harley makes fine bikes and Milwaukee is home of the proud manufacturer and biggest fan club. Thing is, I ride a GS and I like the neutral position and the ability to stand on the pegs. This ride will not encompass any dirt (a couple of friends will be riding full dressers). I’m a 65 yo experienced rider looking for another option.
    Any Ideas?
  2. zDollar Bill

zDollar Bill Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat

Oddometer:
    www.twistedroad.com is the air bnb of motorcycles. Options are across the nation. Think you will like it.
  3. MHaz01

MHaz01 I Used To Be Faster

Oddometer:
    I live in a Milwaukee suburb. The only motorcycle rental I am aware of is Eagle Rider at one or two Harley dealers. And I'd be cautious about that. I reserved a Harley for a day's ride at an Eagle Rider location here and they called me the night before pick up to tell me the bike will not be available as promised. Their stated reason was that another rider wanted to rent it for one week and that was better for Eagle Rider, so....
  4. Meritlane

Oddometer:
    I visited the Twisted Road website hoping it be as good as Turo is for cars. Maybe someday it will be, but the bikes were unempressive and for comparison many people were asking more than eagle rider to rent their far older Harley’s
  5. Meritlane

Oddometer:

I have heard stories like this. Did they offer you another bike? I’m not precious about the model I’ll reserve so I hope getting skunked is not going to happen.
  6. MHaz01

MHaz01 I Used To Be Faster

Oddometer:
    I reserved an Ultra Limited, they offered a Softtail, but on a different day. I needed an Ultra Limited. So the reservation was changed to one week later and wouldn't you know it, they canceled it again the night before. And in order to get a refund, I had to call and email a person in Eagle Rider's HQ in California. Total pain in the butt.

Later I reserved an Ultra Limited at the Harley Dealer in Madison, no problem.