Bikes & Wives ( spouse, significant other, G/F, B/F)

Discussion in 'Photos' started by Clansters, Jul 13, 2009.

1. gasgasmi

gasgasmi Long timer

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE="On the topic of grand kids and wives who ride... anyone figured out women yet? My wife of 19 years, our 2nd marriage, just informed me last night that she is going to give up riding. She says she wants to be around for our grand kids, of which we don't have any, yet. This is the woman who has ridden motorcycles in the Alps, Costa Rica, Morocco, South America, Vietnam, Laos, South Africa and loves riding. So I supported her in that decision and said if it would worry her too much for me to keep riding then I could take a break as well. That was last night. Wake up this morning and she says "Let's go for a ride, where can we ride?" So we ended up crossing a border and riding two hours for some "World famous fried chicken." :dukegirl

[​IMG]

Beautiful day, great ride on some nice curvy roads with the love of my life, oh and some of the best fried chicken. Not going to try to figure it out.[/QUOTE]

If you get women figured out you could write a book for the rest of us and retire very very rich.
  2. Dirt_Dad

Dirt_Dad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I gave up years ago. That didn't help much either.
  3. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Maybe you ought to write the book since you seem to have figured something out. You and your wife appear to have been together for quite a while and you appear to spend a lot of fun time together. :thumb
  4. gasgasmi

gasgasmi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sometimes I think we spend too much time together. We share lots of interests. She goes to the shooting range every week with me. Kicks my ass often on accuracy. She rides Moto Trials, adventure bikes and dual sport with me. I can't write a book, I am just very lucky. Has been a long time. Our first date was 45 years ago next month. Been married a little over 42 years.
  5. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    That's awesome! Congratulations!! :clap Today happens to be our paltry 31st anniversary. I can't write the book either, but I know it is takes a lot of commitment and hard work to sustain a marriage.
  6. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow. Our first date was 11 years ago this coming Thursday. We always go back to the same restaurant on that day. Sometimes, we even sit in the same booth.
  7. bross

bross Where we riding to? Supporter

Oddometer:
    As mentioned we are both on our 2nd chance, congrats on all you long termers, we’ll never be able to catch up but we do spend ALL our time together and I mean 24/7/365. We both work at our small business and I think the last time we were apart was for a week when Jodie flew back to see the kids and that was over 5 years ago.

We started the business 11 years ago so I figure we must be doing something right to be able to tolerate each other day in and day out.
  8. OldTriumphRider

OldTriumphRider Livin the Dream

Oddometer:
    We're a couple of "retreads too" , not sure how long we been together but we got married on her birthday in 2000 , I can't even remember that half the time !
    Don't know when our first date was or if it was a date but we pretty much spend everyday together , before we retired she was my secretary and we got alone just fine . Damn , time goes fast when ya get to be an adult ! She stopped riding her bike after back surgery , takes a ride on back of the Harley once in a while, that's about the only reason we keep it.
    Now she makes sure I got all my stuff when I leave and she opens up the door to my shop when I come home !
  9. bross

bross Where we riding to? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ah, so this is your video, well done. :lol3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. Norty01

Norty01 RIDERCOACH (RETIRED!)

Oddometer:
    This thread delivers!
  11. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:

Awesome! I think my garage door opener would sock me in the face if I tooted the horn though. Now if only I could train my dog.
  12. Laboratory Rat

Laboratory Rat böser meister geist Supporter

Oddometer:
    The trifecta-model washes dishes and makes sammiches. :hide
    OldTriumphRider and Hannda like this.
  13. Hannda

Hannda Short, fat, bearded, old & slow

Oddometer:
    :photog :thumb:thumb
  14. OldTriumphRider

OldTriumphRider Livin the Dream

Oddometer:
    Actually I have the superior model , she just tracks me on her phone , no honking necessary . I can see where that might lead to a malfunction in the system!

15. Laboratory Rat

Laboratory Rat böser meister geist Supporter

Oddometer:

Oh yes, the digital version.... but analog has so much more character. :queenie
  16. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    my wife follows my SPOT tracks... knows when I am getting close and starts dinner :raabia
  17. Muzz67

Muzz67 Unadventurous

Oddometer:
    I am required to check in daily when ADVing, mostly so she can tell Search and Rescue where to start looking....
  18. Rivo

Rivo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here are a few pics of my missus on a day trip we did lastyear where we showed friends around Northern Thailand.......................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    zig06, Solo Gato, Macho Man2 and 28 others like this.
  19. RudyF6

RudyF6 n00b

Oddometer:
    Diggin, vicster, Phoenix101 and 3 others like this.
  20. whiskeygut

whiskeygut Riding in flip-flops

Oddometer: