Bill Mayer Saddle -- Perfect

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by G.Kennedy, Oct 10, 2002.

1. G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy ...

Oddometer:
    Been lurking for awhile, 1st post. I love my Bill Mayer Saddle for my 95 R1100Gs. Used the stock saddle for about 15,000m. Switched to a custom Travelcade Gel saddle and it was worse than the stock seat. I DO NOT recommend Travelcade. Spent 15,000m on it any way. I never could understand how riders were able to do 1000m days when I was in pain after 150m. I now understand. With my BMS saddle I have logged back to back 750m days and am trying to find the time to do 1000m and entry into the IBA. My BMS is perfect --Glen
  2. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Did you go to his place for a fitting?
  3. bcum1

bcum1 beemerfixer

Oddometer:
    After a 100 k on my stock and myassis numb , any k's after that really dunt matter anyway.
    Most I done was in August 1100 k (stock seat) non stop cept for gas / food Fla. to Maryland I 95 N.

Welcome to the assylum
  4. G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy ...

Oddometer:
    Yes I went to his shop in Ojai. It is about 1 1/2 hr ride from L.A. Great service, Rocky stripped off the Travelcade(crap), and put his custom foam on my seat pan. Did some real rough shaping and had me take it for a ride with no cover to feel for any hot spots. I told him where I thought it needed adjustments and he went at it with sanding tools. He has a few densities of foam and put me on medium. I weigh about 180lbs. Dependng on weight he uses different foam. I am pretty sure he did not need my input for the final shaping. He is so familiar with that mold, he knows were there is too much foam.-- Glen
  5. moterbiker

moterbiker Gypsy diver

Oddometer:
    I couldn't agree more, I LOVE my BMS, Rocky is fantastic at what he does. I put 14k on mine this summer and never thought about my A$$ once, which means it did its job. I followed his instructions and sent pics along with my pan.
  6. sashapave

sashapave riders on the strom Supporter

Oddometer:
    here here! rocky and ricky know a thing or two about saddles.

only complaint with my rocky is that you tend to discover other areas of your body that start hurting before your ass!

-sasha