BILLINGS 2015 - A Gathering of Titans

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by KHud, Jul 12, 2014.

1. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    How about this for an idea?

I suspect we can get two or three people with RVs who will attend the rally. The Outpost can provide one. The RVs will provide a base for putting up some shade, tables, chairs and a grill so we can establish a Gruver Ghetto. Those attending and camping, staying in local motels or with friends or family can assemble at the RV HQs for meditation, social intercourse and seminars. There may also be the possibility of the occasional wee dram. :freaky We can bring much of what will be needed from the Outpost, but we will need some other support as well. Just some initial thoughts and always open to suggestions. If others think they may be RVing it and are okay with adding their RV to the field HQ, then please let me know via PM. :ear
  2. GRIZ

GRIZ COMMANDANT

Oddometer:
    intercourse and seminars?????
  3. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    All in, can there be room in one of the rv's so no tent and i don't miss a seminar?
  4. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wonder where the RV park will be located?

[​IMG]
  5. AK Bob

AK Bob AKAM

Oddometer:
    They (The Airheads) always got Overstuffed furniture, Better Beer than the Beer tent, and sometimes a 3 star chef cooking on a camp stove.

Oh and a bunch of NS Nice folks, and a few curmudgeons.
  6. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    :rofl Couldn't resist. If I can afford the gas, I'll bring my RV....oh yeah and sorry Dick, bunk is taken. Could set up a cot under the awning though.:wink:
  7. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thats big of you buddy, who gets the bunk, Gordie ?
  8. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. AK Bob

AK Bob AKAM

Oddometer:
    Sounds just like home.
  10. ptero

ptero Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've got a message into one of the Rally Chairs to see if we can prearrange an area to gather all our RVs. I'm not hopeful we will be able to block of an area. The rally rules forbid doing so in the tent camping area and I suspect that will apply to the RV area as well. It will likely be first come, first served. There is a provision for MOA recognized clubs to reserve a camping area. Annie and I are in the local club (Annie is the Secretary/Treasurer) and we may be able to reserve an area in that club's name... we'll see.

Here is the only info I've found that addresses RVs at the Billings Rally:

There are limited RV electric spaces with 30 amp service to each unit with a central water dispenser for the parking area and a sewer dump available. We are working on the possibility of “honey wagon” service at individual cost during the event. A limited number of full service RV sites are available in a separate area. RV registration opens on March 1.

So far I have four people who have indicated they plan to come in an RV. If you are planning on doing so and we have not communicated about it, then please send me a PM.
  12. K7TNT

K7TNT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  13. ADVBMR

ADVBMR Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Maybe 5. PM sent.
  14. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    Where is the 2015 d2d thread ????....?
  15. Kodiakcarl

Kodiakcarl hairy n00b

Oddometer:
  16. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    An update for those of you considering bringing an RV to the rally. I've contacted the person charged with coordinating the RV camping area. It is still not clear whether or not we will be able to get placed together in an RV cluster; it may turnout that RV spaces are assigned based upon when you arrive at the site. It is known that reservation sign-up will become available on April 1st, so be prepared to submit your reservation right away. It does not appear that the RV site is overly large so it will pay to be early. More to follow once the rally folks more fully develop their plans and proceedures.
  17. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here is the final word from the MOA coordinator for the RV park. Bottom line: Reserve a spot as soon as possible and be there early on Wednesday.

I will look for a place near the rally site for folks to stay on the Tuesday night beforehand.

The MOA will be in charge of when Registration officially opens but in years past it's been in either early March or April. Your best bet is to stay glued to the MOA Forum and your latest copy of the MOA News.

There will be roughly 100 RV Improved sites available at Billings this year. They will be on a "First Come First Served" Reservation System so once they start taking them please tell everyone to register asap.

Now as to allowing you all to camp together will depend on when you all arrive and the size of your RV. I'll do my best to accommodate everyone but the later you arrive my hands may be tied.

Having said that there will be no access to the Fairgrounds and it's RV Park till Wednesday July 22nd. Arriving any earlier then that will only get you turned away as we won't have possession of the Fairgrounds until Tuesday evening. The MOA RV fee will be a flat rate fee for 4 nights of camping for July 22-25. Staying after the event will be at the MetraPark staff's discretion and additional fee's will apply.

The sites are designed for 45' RV's and vehicles longer then that will have to park there cargo trailers in a different location on the grounds. I've been told that they will all have 30 amp electrical, water and sewer on each individual site. Everyone will be responsible for there own hookup's so please have your own hose's, water junction T's and electrical cords with you.

Shade will be at a premium so please plan accordingly.
  18. Solarmoose

Solarmoose electric Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kevin,
    When should we plan to arrive your outpost?
    Got an idea on when we "convoy" to Billings?

I think Cee and I will be tenting at the MOA. Towing the RV trailer does not appeal.
    We might send the tent/camping stuff to the outpost prior as we won't use it enroute, is that ok?
  19. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Certainly you can ship anything you like to us. We plan to leave here on Tuesday, 21 July and stop someplace for that night. We will be in a truck pulling an RV. Because Annie is a club officer, she can get in on Wednesday, 22 July and we want to be at the gate when they open.

You guys should plan on arriving on Sunday, 19 July plus or minus a day. If you want to hangout here an extra day after we prestage near Billings, theen that's okay too.
  20. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Some info from the MOA forum:

Will there be full hook-up sites available?

Yes. There are a limited number of full hook-up sites available (water, electric, and sewer) and a limited number of water and electric only sites. RV registration will open April 1st. In addition, a boondocking area will be available at no cost in the upper parking lot.

There will be an article about RV's in the March issue of the BMW Owners News. RV Registration opens on April 1. It will be handled by the MOA office.

What day can the RVs enter the grounds ?

This is not a "firm" policy, however, generally speaking:
    Committee chairs & their key, early-set-up volunteers can arrive starting on Monday.
    Early volunteers and vendors can arrive on Tuesday.
    And regular attendees Tuesday afternoon & Wednesday.

Just a reminder that RV spots need to be registered for in advance, unless they plan to Boondock.