BILLINGS 2015 - A Gathering of Titans

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by KHud, Jul 12, 2014.

1. ADVBMR

ADVBMR Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer:
    I'm in, but the RV is out. I'll be coming from the east on the 800GS. I might be malingering in the Black Hills and the Bighorns on the way, or I may head north and make the Canada route to come down with any Alaska contingent. Wednesday in Billings for sure. Likely to head to the Beartooth and beyond on Friday.
  2. Lovelass

Lovelass n00b

Oddometer:
    Wow :)
  3. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is a summary of a short article that is in the March edition of the BMW Owner's News (page 124).

- There will be 100 RV sites at the Metra park, and all should have water/sewer and 30 amp electrical service. Hook-ups are the RVer's responsibility.

- Cost is $150 for four nights beginning on Wendesday, July 22, through Sunday, July 26. Additional nights for additional charge. (The rally admission fee is not included in the $150)

- There will also be a free dry RV camping area located in the Auxiliary Overflow Parking area. It is an uphill walk to the rally area.

- There is no natural shade in the RV area.

- Registration is set to open on 1 April; either online or by phone. Updates to be provided via the MOA forum. (I will repost here).

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

- We plan on leaving the Outpost on Tuesday, July 21. We will prestage Tuesday night near Billings so we can be there when the gates open. If others would rather delay their departure until the 22d because they are camping at the rally, then they may do so.

- If you are planning to prestage at the Outpost before going to the rally, or conduct recovery operations afterwards, then please let me know via PM, email, phone call or even a post on this thread. We have plenty of space for RVs (no hook ups but facilities available), some beds, bunks and cots and camping space (including covered space) for several.

- You can ship camping gear, tires or just about anything else to us to hold until your arrival.

- Since you Alaskans are now residents of a state with legal dope, we will have all packages checked by our drug detecting cats.

4. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Register early and get a spot.
    :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
    RV Registration starts April 1st. and will be handled by the staff at the MOA Office. They can be reached at 636-394-7277 M-F between 8-5 Central Time.​
  6. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
  7. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    From the MOA forum:

FYI the RV Sites are going at an amazing rate. As of April 1st. we've signed up 69 RV's in the Full Service area which only leaves 31 sites available as of this post. The Boondocking area has 5 registered attendee's leaving roughly 40 some places available.
  8. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Several people have indicated their intent to stay at the Outpost prior to or after the rally. The more the merrier , but if you plan on doing so please PM me.
  9. Solarmoose

Solarmoose electric Supporter

Oddometer:
    It appears that several Fairbanksans are going to MOA Billings: Bob C, Bob K, Wild Bill, Lee H, Dick R, Cee and myself. Not sure how many of them are stopping by the MT Outpost; not all. Richard M may be by the Outpost but missing MOA due to circumstances. So why are so many leaving?
    SMOKE
  10. GRIZ

GRIZ COMMANDANT

Oddometer:
    IF FOR SOME REASON ANY OF YOU NEED CAMPING FOR "STURGIS" LET ME KNOW...IT'S THE 75TH ANNIVERSARY AND PROGRAMED TO BE A MONSTER:eek1
  11. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    We know of David and Cee, Bob C, Rich M, Lee H, Dick R +1 after rally, and Kul Mom. There are many arrival dates and we have lost count. Cee +1 (Dave if he's lucky) has the bridal suite, KM has a room as well. All others will be locked in the shop and we'll throw in some raw meat every now and then.

Not sure about Bob K +1. Bob C please tug his chain.
  12. ADVBMR

ADVBMR Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Heading out tomorrow - see you next week.