BITTER END DUAL SPORT NOV. 1,2020 (No IL)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Mad Jack, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Mad Jack

Mad Jack TOYS IN THE ATTIC

Oddometer:
    ALOHA, first a comment on the ride and trail etiquette. If you are planning multiple laps show up early (7ish) and get out on the trail early make passes politely this ride is for everyone. If one lap is more your goal maybe hang back awhile and let the meat eaters run you don't want to be pushed by them anyway.Do not forget last bikes out at noon the clean up crew starts then and we will not be happy if you are behind us after the clearing.
    Now come in close for this one kiddies...cough cough wink wink out on the trail a ways after the gas stop you will see the NO CHECK....CHECK POINT it will be visible by spectators,bonfire,and the smell of FOOD! You go by it twice first it's off to your right then you ride another timber then pass them again on your right. I highly recommend stopping on your last lap. It is run by friend of the club Denny his family and friends, they are true fans of motorcycling and racing. Hell his 15 year old daughter ran the IRON MAN last week! They are out there for the fun and fellowship stop in for some bench racing and a bite. I think this is his third year out there and it is always fun!
    Roost On
    Mad Jack
    reedski likes this.
  2. jcmcc

jcmcc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are there rider groups for noobs/intermediate/skilled or is it mostly just go when you're ready? I'm not super slow but I hate to slow down someone else's fun.

Also is parking on Pidgeon Rd allowed?
    I ask because my tow rig is vertically challenged (Miata) so I'd be a little nervous to drag it into a field.

Looking forward to Sunday. :D
  3. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Start when you're ready.
    jcmcc likes this.
  4. Mad Jack

Oddometer:
    We really need everyone off of the roadways farmers are still working! I'm sure the sign in crew will assist you with your toad rig if necessary. If it is a real concern show up early (like dawn) to get the best possible spot. Anyone who shows up late will get little sympathy for special attention.
    reveille and jcmcc like this.
  5. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Trail conditions were perfect. Maybe the best conditions I've ever seen there. Thanks to the club and everyone who worked on this.

Oh and Smudge is loser for not going.
    reveille likes this.
  6. Layton

Layton Long timer

Oddometer:
    I must agree. That was an awesome ride.

And, as usual, Smudgepants missed out.
  7. reedski

reedski Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome ride (as usual) Brushpoppers! A huge THANK YOU to the club members and land owners for making this ride possible.
    Just a side note... some Bonehead (me) left their gas can at the gas stop. If it was picked up, just let me know where I can pick it up. It should have some premix left in it. Use it if you need it, Klotz at 60:1.
    Giddy Up!
    reveille likes this.
  8. Smudge!

Smudge! Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bite me Layton and 2whimples.
  9. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Since you're a Forest City rider, I'm sure you have been busy working on the trail for the DS ride this Saturday.
  10. Mad Jack

Oddometer:
    Sunday?!? Don't show up a day late........Saturday Saturday SATURDAY Leaf River Il. be there or be square. [hope I'm not square]

Thanks to everyone who showed up to The Bitter End we had over 200 sign up.

Roost On
    Mad Jack
    andrewgore likes this.
  11. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Less crowds that way...oops.
  12. reveille

reveille Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Agreed. Best trail conditions I can recall.
  13. spcavanah

spcavanah Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep, trails and weather were perfect! Thanks to the Peoria Barkbuster guys for letting me try to tag along with them. And a huge thank you to the two Brushpopper volunteers who helped me get my bike started after an unfortunate incident with a tree. While I was waiting for them, I took a few photos of some passers-by (and the tree I hit).
    IMG_1296.jpg IMG_1297.jpg IMG_1299.jpg IMG_1300.JPG IMG_1302.jpg IMG_1303.jpg
    slider162 likes this.
  14. Layton

Layton Long timer

Oddometer:
    Maybe you should have started a 2021 post.
    I do agree that it was a great time this year. (As always)