1. eNewsletter Sign Up

BITTER END DUAL SPORT NOV.3 (IL)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Mad Jack, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Gerken

Gerken If you think adventures are dangerous, try routine Supporter

Oddometer:
    Time for the referees wrap up. No injuries reported, the parking area self emptied, arrows came down before dark, (barely) and loads of stories created. OK, not the greatest of conditions but weather for the day cooperated and nothing can be done about Mother Nature's reluctance to dry things out. Saturday was a mad scramble to re-route some hills, off cambers and swamps so trust me it could have been much worse. Thanks to all who participated and made year 50 a solid memory. We ended up with 200 entries and 60 some pre-entries that did not show. I do hope that they are aware that the $3 entry fee is non refundable although we could probably apply that credit forward to the next big anniversary in year 2069. Having to oversee sign up and trail denuding I don't get the chance to converse with as many people as I wish but I did get to snap a few photo's removing my bridge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots of work went into the event and a few shout outs are in order. The whole $3 entry fee was not only a throwback to 1969 but also a way to give back to the people who got us here 50 years later, the off road riding community. Thanks to those and particularly those riders who are involved in the sport as a club member or contributing force. As I mentally ride this event I came up with about 20 different property owners whose land was traversed. We all would be just a bunch of losers looking for a place to ride without them. They run the full scale of personalities from those who are offended if you don't ride their property to those who simply tolerate us but we love em' all the same. For the record, most of these property owners are small family farmers who are well aware of what things are going to look like after 200 motorcycles go through but allow us fun none the less. Think about that next time you come across some article insinuating production agriculture is just out to poison your food supply. I made a new friend in Pennsylvania who was a jewel walking me through the process of T-shirt artwork design, sizing and order quantity. Leslie if you are reading this two things; (1) I hope Gamma Bato's soybean field had a bountiful harvest and (2) as we discussed I took MAJOR heat from the club for having the one and only Brushpopper hooded sweatshirt. A big, big wet doggy kiss goes to two people who rarely get mentioned or near enough credit for the sacrifice they endure and that is the event host LaMont and his wife. We spend trail prep weekends convening at his farm, storing our bikes and trashing his spacious ultra cool heated farm shop with mud, smelly gear and club necessities. His wife heads up the lunch stand, never whines, always brings friendly dog Diesel and is a joy to be around. The parking area alone this year was giant success in that no one came out on the end of a tow rope and you can thank his practices for that. Trust me, that was nothing short of a miracle considering all the moisture present. I'm sure there are many times he would rather be accomplishing some fieldwork but we have never been denied his hospitality. Repeated attempts to compensate the two are adamantly denied and I get it. It's just how we roll out here, take note and emulate. Oh yea, those club members. I know the Brushpoppers name may not be synonymous with any degree of greatness but I for one am extremely proud to be a part of the group. You don't see a lot of these faces at races or recreational events but the commitment to a great motorcycling event is always there. I have often thought that in the course of your normal job the boss forced the same nasty task upon you that this club makes members do you would unleash on said boss and be fired. Working in the rain, cold, mosquito's and even snow this year but it all went down without club mutiny. Drool comes out of Mad Jacks mouth all too often but he put it best in his previous post, "It ain't easy being a Brushpopper". I put a lot of miles on motorcycles throughout the year riding in different parts of the country but easily the most fun I have in a year is the Saturday dual sport pre-ride with the club. Whats that tell you? So here is a shot of the dudes who bring the magic and if you see them out and about a simple fist bump will let them know you care.

[​IMG]
    enduro16, reedski, FishyMoto and 3 others like this.
  2. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Great job, thanks. And thank you to all the land owners. I forgot to snag one of those t shirts. Hopefully I can still get one.
    Critic likes this.
  3. Gerken

Gerken If you think adventures are dangerous, try routine Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, if you know a guy with some off road trails in Dubuque that he would be willing to share for my June Adventure ride perhaps we can make that T-shirt thing happen.
    Daleah, awarren and Bultaco206 like this.
  4. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    A GS1200 would not fare well here...lol.
  5. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    2....maybe 3 spots it'd be rough. Just make sure you've got full coverage on the thing. :lol3
    2WheelNeal likes this.
  6. reedski

reedski Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gerken....I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a.....nevermind.
    Huge THANK YOU to the Brushpoppers and land owners for a great ride. I always have fun even when the conditions are "challenging". The number of times I chuckle out loud or to myself while riding way outnumber the times I'm thinking "are you kidding me?" And even right after those thoughts, I'm usually chuckling and imagining the fun you guys had while setting those spots in the trail.
    Btw...for anyone who saw some crazy guy waving his arms and motioning people to the left at the mud puddle....that was me. :)
  7. Mad Jack

Mad Jack TOYS IN THE ATTIC

Oddometer:
    Lost and found notice wisconsin plate 178** good till april 2020
    enduro16 likes this.
  8. Smudge!

Smudge! Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did I miss something?
  9. Mad Jack

Mad Jack TOYS IN THE ATTIC

Oddometer:
    Smudge if your plate is gone yes.
    Big thanks to Davey for that video ,great editing you made it look like never ending single track. I miss riding with your dad we always seemed to have tons of fun no matter how the riding was!

roost on
    Mad Jack
  10. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Smudge likes to pretend that he rides...:1drink