Bivystick ????

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by Bud Dog, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Bud Dog

Bud Dog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anybody have any experience with Bivystick ?

bivystick.com
  2. phreakingeek

phreakingeek adventurer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was just about to post the same question...but looks like there aren't many who have jumped over to use one yet. I'd like to replace my Spot gen3 devide since they now charge a lot for annual service.

The bivystick advertises $349 to purchase and a $17.99 monthly charge for minimum service that you can turn on/off as needed.
  3. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Saw this a week or so ago somewhere, and thought it was an interesting option. Wish I could find people who actually use it.
  4. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    if you search YouTube you can find one backpacker who talks about it for about twenty seconds. the rest are all from bivy.
  5. phreakingeek

Oddometer:
  6. 72 Yamaha RD350

72 Yamaha RD350 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Buddy who hunts a lot in BFE locations has one. He had no complaints and offered it to me for my Alaska trip. I picked up a Gen3.
  7. phreakingeek

Oddometer:
    I ended up buying a Garmin InReach Explorer+. For me, having the device capable of tracking my progress, being able to send/receive messages without requiring a phone, and the price of service made the InReach the leader. I considered the SPOT X, but after dealing with their shady billing practices (auto renewed my subscription to the tune of nearly $400 this year!) I decided that even with a better model available, I didnt want to pay them any more of my money.
    mbabc likes this.
  8. IDM

IDM n00b

Oddometer:
    I have had one since they cam out on kickstarter. Haven't used it much but am going to start to use while riding, have a old spot but this seems to be my next locater safety device. I will use it in the next few days to see how it goes.