Black Dog Cycle Works – Latest News & Discount Offers

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by KTMforget, Nov 24, 2011.

1. KTMforget

KTMforget Long timer

Oddometer:
    NEW WEBSITE:
    After what feels like an eternity (2+ years) we have FINALLY launched our NEW WEBSITE. I know I have talked about this forever and I am sure most of you think I am a total slacker, but this was a much larger undertaking then I ever imagined, but the good news is we arrived in a much better place. The feature we are most excited about is the ability to shop "by Bike", "by Brand" and "by Category" (see left column), making it much easier to find products you are looking for (and even ones you are not ;)

As a special one-time offer, we are offering 10% off the FIRST 10 orders placed through the new website - www.blackdogadvbikes.com . Use coupon code ADV_FIRST10 to receive this special offer. This offer excludes products that are already discounted and does not include shipping. One coupon per order.

It will take some time to build out the "content" features of our website as well as refining the product categories and related items, but over time, we will have a great destination website with product reviews, technical tips, trip reports, a comprehensive photo gallery (a very trick presentation), up-to-date news and an integrated blog. Gotta love the power of the internet!

It still amazes me how many compliments we received on our old site, which was designed for FOUR products, not the FOUR HUNDRED products we now carry. Our old site was the equivalent of a 50cc moped missing one wheel, while the performance and features of our new site will equate to the latest MotoGP bike. Yes we are very excited about this, if you couldn't tell.

We would also like to make an offer to host your trip reports. If you would like to be able to present a "clean", uninterrupted trip report to refer your friends and families to (outside of ADVRider), you can submit your trip reports and photos to us and they can "live" on our site. This is especially useful if you don't have your own website to post them on. If you do, we can add a link to your site.

See the new brands we have listed below as well. Feel free to SURF AWAY on the new site. We are open to feedback and suggestions as well on how we can make our site better. THE STORE IS OPEN with over 100 new products - shop away!!!

NEW PRODUCTS & BRANDS:
    We now offer quality products from Klim, WARN & Hagon Shocks, as well as many more products for BMW GS motorcycles.

NEW PRICE MATCHING POLICY
    We would like the opportunity to earn your business. If you see one of the products we carry advertised at a lower price elsewhere, please contact us to see if we can match the advertised price. We will do our best.

In these difficult economic times, every sale we make enables us to continue to develop new, innovative products for the adventure touring market, provide local jobs, manufacture parts in the U.S.A. and provide outstanding, knowledgeable customer service to our clients.

Thank you for your support. We realize we would not be here without you!!

FREE SHIPPING OFFER* until the end of the year!!
    In celebration of the launch of our new website and the upcoming holidays, we would like to announce FREE SHIPPING* for ground orders over $99. *This offer applies only to orders shipped to the lower 48 states.

Use coupon code FS99_2011 to obtain this discount for UPS GROUND.
    Offer expires 12/31/11

PRODUCT DISCOUNTS
    Select products from Rigid Industries, Giant Loop, Remus and others have been discounted through the end of the year.
  2. quackPOT

quackPOT Grand Master Fu

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the new site, wish I had some money to spend on it! :D
  3. epix1718

epix1718 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Website looks great!
  4. Knobbiethrower

Knobbiethrower ADV in ADK

Oddometer:
    Excellent new site. Thank you for the discount!

I just placed an order for a BRP submount triple for my 990 ADV, but could not take advantage of the free shipping offer ( website did not allow the use of two coupons for checkout)
  5. KTMforget

KTMforget Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the compliments. We are still working through a few issues with the site so if you have any difficulties, please let me know so we can get them fixed.

Yes, only one coupon per order. We DO have a new site to pay for - not a small undertaking I can assure you.
  6. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    I must be a goob. Tried 3x to order about 2300 worth of stuff. Too damn bad. Elsewhere may work better.
  7. KTMforget

KTMforget Long timer

Oddometer:
    The "first10" offer has been filled. Thanks for your support. Most orders should ship on Monday.
  8. KTMforget

KTMforget Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the difficulties. Can you let me know what the issue was so we can fix it? PM me your phone number and I can take your order over the phone later today or tomorrow. You may even be able to talk me into the discount. :evil
    Thx
    Kurt
  9. Rdy2Trvl

Rdy2Trvl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Make sure you give Kurt the chance to rectify the situation. I've had the pleasure of doing business with "Black Dog" a number of times, and each time I've been happy with the friendly service.
  10. ChiefPilot

ChiefPilot Rather be flying, but....

Oddometer:
    BDCW is a great place to deal with.

If you have any issues, call or e mail them directly.

My recent buying experience was GREAT and if I ever need more things they carry, I'll be back as a customer again any time.

Most of the vendors here are great to deal with and BDCW is right up there among them.:thumbup
  11. Knobbiethrower

Knobbiethrower ADV in ADK

Oddometer:
    Great vendor and an awesome supporter of our addiction!
  12. MotoAdventureGal

MotoAdventureGal Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer:
    BDCW folks are awesome to deal with. Both Kurt and Martha are friendly and knowledgeable and go out of their way to provide superior customer service.

[Disclaimer: I won a "technology" award at the KTM Rally for all the kit I had on my bike...98% of which is BDCW product--because it happens to be the best on the market.]

~MAG