Black Hills South Dakota

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by rokklym, May 17, 2007.

1. rokklym

rokklym one man wolfpack

Oddometer:
    Here is a slightly modied version of the riding that Cannonshot and I did out in the Black Hills last year. This was a Magellan file converted using GPS Babel into a garmin gdb file, then converted to gpx.

There were almost 2000 track points and I deleted out a bunch of dead ends and such and got it down to about 1500, then broke it up into smaller track sections to keep the track files under 500 points. There are spots that we rode up to 3 times and the track shows it, sorry about that but I didn't have the time to figure it all out.

These are all great roads and trails which can be ridden by larger bikes for the most part. The only section I'd avoid on a big bike would be the centenial trail between Nemo and Merritt.
  2. rokklym

rokklym one man wolfpack

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah, this is my first time doing a Garmin route so it might not work for ya, i dunno.

Let me know if you have problems with it and I'll try to figure it out. It looks good on my computer though.
  3. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
  4. rokklym

rokklym one man wolfpack

Oddometer:
    Thats pretty cool Bryan! Its really neat to zoom in and get to see all the detail. Man, there are alot of trails out there!
  5. katbeanz

katbeanz earthbound misfit, I Supporter

Oddometer:
    Excellent! Thanks man! I need to finish packing for SLAP, new tire on the way, plan to drive up thursday, ride friday saturday, maybe head home sunday. It would be nice to have monday to rest up. Dean
  6. jsrider

jsrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks great in Google Earth.
  7. jeadra

jeadra n00b

Oddometer:
    Looks like the link is broken. Any chance of reloading it? I have CannonTracks' gpx file downloaded, but the tracks are kinda all over the place. Still trying to figure out my GPS phone app to load up waypoints, too, since it seems to load tracks or waypoints, but not both.
  8. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Thread the track segments together for the specific ride that you want in the Black Hills. The tracks I provided are a catalog. Covered too much area to put it into loops.
  9. Baptistratz

Baptistratz P3

Oddometer:
    Cannonshot, thanks for the link to your trip. It looks like most of your tracks are on pavement. Is that right?
  10. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Yes, most are pavement or gravel.