Blitz Buttons Bluetooth Digital Rally Remotes - RallyBlitz and Rally Navigator compatible

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rides2little, Nov 12, 2017.

1. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gany, Not sure I follow?
  2. Gany

Gany Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just where you mentioned modifying the design of the enclosure to have 3 cable openings, you could just panel mount the connectors in the same place to save having leads coming out of everywhere? Probably neither here nor there though...
    [​IMG]
    theantipaul and rides2little like this.
  3. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Now I see what you meant. That is actually a good idea as most with existing cables are run to a common spot anyway. Thanks for the suggestion. I think I have a few in a project box stashed somewhere...now to find it...
    theantipaul and Gany like this.
  4. anronmor

anronmor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This looks pretty useful, really like those buttons and control unit, very neat.

As I can't afford the built kit at the moment I've hooked up a an adafruit board to my ipad, works well and I can scroll the roadbook or use the board to change the volume on spotify.

If find when I pull the power from the board on USB and then power the board back on the ipad doesn't recognize the board's commands again
    The board is connected
    To get it working again I have to remove/forget the connection to the RallyBlitz Control and re pair it with the ipad. It works then.

The ipad is an ipad mini 2 running IOS 11.3
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
  5. rides2little

Oddometer:
    I have solved that issue. A firmware update and hard factory reset seem to fix that problem.
  6. rides2little

Oddometer:
    I have updated the first post with the current offerings. The buttons come in two flavors now, the 5 button, all facing the rider and then 3 buttons with a toggle for scroll.
  7. 1litre

1litre In over my head

Oddometer:
    I'm still loving my five buttons, but might be looking at trying out the toggle next season. Going to have to wait till New Years to put in an order though. Black Friday fever put me on the naughty list till I prove myself at Christmas.:doh
    rides2little likes this.
  8. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Here is some helpful info on how the slightly odd power setup works on the devices:

Down and Up for the power toggle are relative to the logo and silver screw heads being the top of the device.
    Without the USB cable plugged in and the black rubber toggle down the device is completely off.
    If you plugin the USB cable it will turn on and you will see the blinking red light through the lid/top.
    If you then raise the toggle you should still see the red blinking light and also a yellow light at the other end. The yellow light means it is charging the small internal battery. The battery is meant to keep the device running for short periods if you lose USB power but won't run it very long ( an hour or so) if the USB is disconnected. This is how I suggest you use the device when navigating. The board seamlessly transitions from USB to Battery power and back without a hiccup.
    You can turn on the device (assuming the battery is charged) by raising the toggle when not connected to USB. You can't over drain or over charge the battery but I wouldn't leave it plugged in for days on end to a live USB port.

The master device (Ipad, iphone or similar) has to pair with the remote device (Blitz Buttons in this case). Master devices can have more than one remote BT device connected at a time but you can only connect a remote device to one master at a time. If you encounter connection problems, go to BT settings on the master device and 'forget' the device in the bluetooth connection manager, then turn off BT on iPad using the slider widget, wait 10 seconds, turn BT back on, then turn on buttons and 'pair' via ipad.

[​IMG]
  9. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Heads up that Blitz Buttons work with the soon to be released Rally Navigator roadbook app. Check their subscriptions page for more information on their app offerings.
    godwinmt and MasterMarine like this.
  10. MasterMarine

MasterMarine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks @rides2little for the fabulous custom Blitz Button w/toggle setup you made for me.

It is sweet how you made it so I can use it to run either one iphone running Rally Blitz as the tripmeter/compass together with my F2R paper roadbook holder or an iPad mini w/GPS running the all in one Rally Blitz Pro App!

Nice job on the build! It looks great. And thanks for thinking it thru to be usable in both configurations. :clap
    fano and rides2little like this.
  11. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately with the Chinese Import Tariffs that are in place now some of my parts have gone up considerably. I would expect with the next batch the price will increase by $10-20 per set. Currently have 2 of the 5 button sets and 1 Toggle setup ready mail out at the prices stated in the first post.

I am also finishing testing of a board/enclosure with the standard M8 connectors for use with existing buttons/toggles from ICO, F2R, etc. This will be the only wiring option for this style. I don't have access to MD or other types of roadbook holders to test these with. These should be available in late February.

[​IMG]
    Gany, thn, MasterMarine and 3 others like this.
  12. westtek

westtek n00b

Oddometer:

I would like to be put on the waiting list for these. One set please.
    Hopey and rides2little like this.
  13. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Currently have one 5 button set and one toggle set ready to ship. See prices and info in first post.

Annnnnnnnd....SOLD OUT again. Working on more but it will be a week. Printer filament snafu at the moment. (Feb 6, 2019)
  14. Whodatschrome

Whodatschrome Long timer

Oddometer:
    I recieved my 5 button version last week in the mail...and man, pictures really don't do the switch justice! I was a little concerned about the durability of the switch housing when i first saw them for sale here, but the instant i got to hold one in my hand, that concern went away completely. The red and black momentary push buttons also have a very nice "feel" to them. Now i'm just waiting to get my Clake OLC back from Australia so that i can begin the endless game of "finding handlebar real state" for all the switches i have.
    rides2little likes this.
  15. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the review @Whodatschrome and glad you like them.

Working on more button sets but do have two of the new style M8 boxes ready go as of today. See original post for the particulars. Should have more of the button and toggle types ready by the end of the week. A constant supply chain battle.
    Gany and Whodatschrome like this.