Blitz Buttons Bluetooth Digital Rally Remotes - RallyBlitz and Rally Navigator compatible

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rides2little, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Smudge!

Smudge! Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Chris!!!
    rides2little likes this.
  2. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:
    All 3 styles available again.

There are at least 3 former factory team Dakar riders that are using the buttons now, kinda cool.
    keepshoveling and 1litre like this.
  3. MotoPolo

MotoPolo So many places, so little time Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congrats Chris - Maybe there is a growing market. Just met a fellow NW rider that just got his buttons.
    Whodatschrome and rides2little like this.
  4. Whodatschrome

Whodatschrome Long timer

Oddometer:
    I still need to wire in power to the iPad, but the difficult part of finding (usable) real estate on the handlebars for all the switches is finally accomplished. Luckily the Blitz switches don’t take up very much room on the bars.
    5383587D-197B-42C2-92E3-2F6CB3BC0D90.jpeg
    outbacktm, MotoPolo, MadM and 2 others like this.
  5. rides2little

Oddometer:
    That's a lot of buttons on those bars!
    dunc289 and Whodatschrome like this.
  6. MadM

MadM Dreamer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Love those CEV switch mounts, where did you get them?
  7. Whodatschrome

Whodatschrome Long timer

Oddometer:
    Those CEV switch mounts are from Clake https://www.clake.com.au/prices/switch-mounting-bracket/. They're kinda hidden on their website. It took a bit of searching to first find them. I ordered a pair of them when I bought my One Light Clutch. I knew at some point I would somehow utilize them, but I had no idea when. I figured that it would be better to have them laying around in my shop ready to go at a moments notice, rather than waiting a few weeks or so trying to get them shipped from Australia. I'm so glad I bought them! The mount will only accommodates half of the CEV switch...so you would have to buy two mounts if you want both a headlight and a turn signal switch. The mounts only come in an anodized gold, but mine are orange. The Blitz button housing is narrow enough that I can still reach the CEV switch without taking my hand all the way off the handlebar. Like I said above, I got REAL lucky that all my switches fit on my bars in a fairly ergonomic way.
    MadM and rides2little like this.
  8. MotoPolo

MotoPolo So many places, so little time Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice Office
    Whodatschrome likes this.
  9. Whodatschrome

Whodatschrome Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can't remember offhand just which buttons do what, but I'm pretty sure I accidentally wired in an "ejection seat" button in the mix as well...but darn it, I can't remember just which one it is. I'm sure i'll find it at some point soon. Nevertheless, the 6 buttons that really only matter on my bike is the single E button, and the 5 Blitz buttons.
  10. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Only have one M8 cable box available at the moment but more of all styles in the works. Should be a week or two before I have another 8 sets finished. Get on the waiting list if you want one. I don't request payment until they are ready to ship and through final testing.

I need to get out and ride more so production will likely slow again as I do some nav training for some locals and get ready for a fun non-event soon.

Thanks to all those that have bought them to date and are (hopefully) enjoying them.
    Gany likes this.
  11. cosworth

cosworth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My buttons have been working flawlessly for a year. I love them. But today I noticed that when I turn the bike on and off again, the unit connects, but does nothing. I forget the device in iOS and paired again. Works unti I power cycle. Again, it shows connected on iOS, but there is zero functionality.

Tried it with another iOS device and it does the same thing. Reset network settings and still it works once, but a power cycle of the ignition key and it connects with no functionality.

What the hell did I mess up? Or is there a reflash I have to do?
  12. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Cosworth,

Check your PM's. I have responded already from your post in the Rally Blitz Thread
  13. cosworth

cosworth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well hot damn. All it needed was a firmware update. Stellar support man! Thanks for the super quick on!
    rides2little likes this.
  14. tileman

tileman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi chris. How did you go making the version pictured?
  15. rides2little

Oddometer:
    It works well and I have tested with ICO standard ODO buttons with a stock F2R toggle and the upgrade version of the F2R combo controls. I have sold 3-4 of this type so far. They are listed in the updated first post since January.

A few people will be using this set up at YSR this year.

Definitely a good option if you already have a traditional setup and want to try digital.
  16. rides2little

Oddometer:
    A few people have noted problems with the boards connecting to their mobile devices. Typical symptoms are an established BT connection (blue light on Blitz Buttons) and board shows in BT connections on mobile device but none of the button commands seem to work.

A firmware update will likely help and possibly a factory reset too. This doesn't affect the button programming.

For the Firmware update I find it easier to do this with an Android device but can get it work with an apple device too. There is an Adafruit app in both app stores that can accomplish this. It is the Bluefruit LE Connect app.

On Android, when the app sees the adafruit board it should ask to connect or pick it from the list of available devices in the app, don't pair the usual way using the os system settings, let the app do it. It should connect to the board and then notify you that there is a firmware update available. If it gives you a long list you want the "SPI friend" version and the latest of that, typically at the top of the list. Depending on the version you have it might just prompt for latest right away without further user input. It will download the update and set the board to DFU mode and install, just keep the mobile device from going to sleep while it is doing this. You will see a percentage bar showing the progress. Power cycle and test the button functions with a Blitz Button power cycle to interrupt the BT connection as well.

Apple version is similar but the app looks a bit different. I have often had to kill the app and restart to get it find the board and do the updates.

The Factory reset requires you to open the case and while the Adafruit board is powered on, but not connected to any devices, a small wire will be used to jumper between the ground and the DFU pin (last pin on the far end of board but same side as ground) until the lights flash quickly (takes about 3-5 seconds) then remove jumper and power cycle. A sharp exacto blade to make two holes in heat shrink is sufficient to make the connection, no need to strip the whole heat shrink off.

Let me know if you do have this problem and need more of an explanation.
  17. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    I just have to say that the rally community is fortunate rides2little took on this project and has turned it into a very organized effort. The quality of the goods he's created is exactly what is needed to make this a non-project for people that just want to order and ride. I've been building these things for years and using them myself and giving them to others, but I also bought a set of genuine Blitz Butttons for myself because I wanted to enjoy the quality build for the spare rally set I've been building out for added RallyBlitz testing and just to have around. My homebrew buttons are still churning along, but the Blitz Buttons are way more tidy and likely durable than mine. Just wanted to give a shout out since many times these kind of efforts for our tiny industry go un-celebrated. Rides2little is not doing this to make a retirement pot; he's doing it because he wants to contribute to the sport and maybe make things a tiny bit easier for people to get involved. After build time, customer support time, returns with the occasional issue or update, this is not a money-making venture. Chris - thanks for making these a great product. -Phil
  18. Dagjen

Dagjen Rocinante

Oddometer:
    I have this problem on my Adafruit Bluefruit 32u4 feather (home made buttons), but only on one device. It works on my android devices and on my iPad 4 mini, but for some reason not on my iPhone 5s. I tried it before updating to the latest iOS, and after, with no success. It connects ok, but does nothing when pushing the buttons. Any advice?
    PS I have a cheap bluetooth game controller with volume adjustment which works just fine, so it seems the problem is with the feather.
  19. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Have you tried doing the factory reset on the Adafruit board? How about a firmware change on the board? I haven't had the issue be device specific before.
    640 Armageddon and theantipaul like this.
  20. Dagjen

Dagjen Rocinante

Oddometer:
    I should have tried before asking, and yes, a firmware update solved it. Thanks. Excellent stuff, by the way.
    640 Armageddon and theantipaul like this.