Blitz Buttons Bluetooth Digital Rally Remotes - RallyBlitz and Rally Navigator compatible

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rides2little, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Tizzle

Tizzle Workin' on it...

Oddometer:
    @rides2little sent you an email yesterday with a few questions regarding this cool setup. Please don't tell me there are none left!!

Thanks

- Andrew
  2. rojomurp

rojomurp n00b

Oddometer:
    I intend to use blitz buttons with rally navigator on iPad mini but I’m wondering if they will function with other apps I run. For instance can I use the buttons to pan the view in a GPS app like Gaia?
  3. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:
    @rojomurp The commands that Rally Navigator uses and that are programmed into the Blitz Buttons are Vol +/- and Previous/Next track. That give you the ODO +/- and Scroll Forward/Back.

I have looked at the Android version of Gaia and can't see where you can define pan/zoom commands. That isn't to say that is isn't possible, just that I haven't found it.

Short version is no, these buttons are meant to control 3 different RALLY navigation apps and that is it. They aren't meant to do anything else, sorry.

EDIT:
    For those looking for a solution that can control a map navigation app, ie. Locus, check out This Solution for Android.
    dazzadm, 1litre and RenoMoto like this.
  4. canadius_maximus

canadius_maximus Quaere verum

Oddometer:
    Hey @rides2little - glad you're still around. With the rally build done and a couple events coming up this summer, I'll be reaching out to you in a couple of months.

Glad these are doing well for you!

cm
  5. rides2little

Oddometer:
    One each of the 5 button and Toggle versions remaining. That's 4 sets gone this week. Guess there is still demand.

These are ready to mail out.
    flamingm0e likes this.
  6. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Only one set of 5 Button left at the moment.
  7. JDH5

JDH5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi rides2little. I bought the BT box from you last year that I run my f2r and my iPhone for odo and cap. I'd like to try full digital. What version iPad do I need to be compatible? Thanks and see you at YSR.
  8. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Any Mini2 or newer that is cellular capable. Not the wifi only version. You DO NOT need to have a sim card or paid service, you just need that version because the modem also contains the GPS chipset. You can find them on Ebay for ~$125 or cheaper.
  9. JDH5

JDH5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's what I thought but thanks for responding.
    rides2little likes this.
  10. copygti

copygti n00b

Oddometer:
    Hola ; Estoy interesado en saber qué controlador me interesa usar con el navegador de rally desde un teléfono Android. Sería un envío a España. Gracias
  11. copygti

copygti n00b

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE = "canadius_maximus, publicación: 39479117, miembro: 42422"] Hola. Por lo que yo entiendo, este sistema no trabaja con Android, solo con iPhone.

Y de todas maneras, yo creo que ya vendiste todas las unidades. El vendedor ya no las fabrican mas. [/ CITA]

Estoy interesado en un teclado que valga para el navegador Rally en Android
  12. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Los botones Blitz funcionan con dispositivos Android. Aplicación Rally Navigator Roadbook y aplicación de lector MDR. Tengo un conjunto de 5 botones disponibles.
    Por favor vea sus mensajes directos para los detalles.
  13. canadius_maximus

Oddometer:
    Hello Chris,

Just picked up my set from my WA address.

Can’t wait to mount them up - just tweaking my tower electrics setup first, then will hook them up next week.

The bright “Husaberg” blue controller box was a nice touch! :lol3 It looks fabulous!
    Whodatschrome and rides2little like this.
  14. canadius_maximus

Oddometer:
    Setup complete. Scrolls the odo on the old rally blitz app. Pretty stoked about how it all turned out.

1586A7B9-B29A-4A35-8778-2BF9D4CACFBF.jpeg 3C418DF5-DF7C-408F-8133-142512FE3266.jpeg
    77156BBC-AE7C-447B-B10C-0876335FC6D6.jpeg

Need a PDF roll chart to try the newer app - if someone has a demo chart they can share just to validate functionality, that’d be awesome.
    1litre, skrat and rides2little like this.
  15. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Check your email.
    canadius_maximus likes this.
  16. canadius_maximus

Oddometer:
    Rgr Chris. Got it - will load and test tomorrow.

cheers!

CM
    rides2little likes this.
  17. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Sold out again and waiting on more parts. Thanks everyone.

As an aside, this winter I bought a bunch of different audio type BT boards and had very little success getting them to work with Apple devices in any capacity. So at this point these Adafruit boards are still the best option I can find but always looking to make a better product.
    1litre and MasterMarine like this.
  18. canadius_maximus

Oddometer:
    Got my RB combo nav app and the the buttons working today. Odo adjusts, rollchart advances, all as it should. All I can say is AWESOME. All I need is an iPad mini ... :lol3

721BC88C-FE69-45DB-B36B-355EBFD92419.jpeg

Chris, you’re a great vendor. Can’t wait till our May navigation rally event to use this officially. Beforehand, I‘m going to convert some of my old local ride rollchart files into PDF and have a go. Buh-bye paper.
    :lol3
    MadM and rides2little like this.
  19. critter731

critter731 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. copygti

copygti n00b

Oddometer:
    También había pensado en esa tableta, pero ¿cómo se vería con la luz del sol en la pantalla?

[QUOTE = "critter731, post: 40001469, member: 322125"] Estoy buscando una palanca si tiene una, estoy pensando en ir al lado oscuro y convertirme a Digital y comprar una de estas Tabletas https: // www .samsung.com / us / business / products / mobile / tablets / galaxy-tab-active2 / galaxy-tab-active2-8-0-16gb-wi-fi-sm-t390nzkaxar / si obtengo la aplicación de GPS correcta allí puedo usar todo en uno lugar de mi GPS y un libro de ruta [/ QUOTE]