Blitz Buttons Bluetooth Digital Rally Remotes - RallyBlitz and Rally Navigator compatible

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rides2little, Nov 12, 2017.

1. big sky mt

big sky mt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Chris, I got a chance to put your buttons thru several roadbook pre-rides for the Yellowstone Rally.

They worked awesome!
    I set the amount of scrolling per button push and it was a no look affair to navigate standing up and glancing at the tablet.
    My set-up is a Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 with a powered Ram holder and bigger arm/ball set.

If anyone is thinking of getting the Blitz Buttons Bluetooth Digital Rally Remote, don't hesitate.

I highly recommend them, Thanks MU 950 Preride Dash.jpg
  2. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Big Sky! What app is that you are running?
  3. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    Drive Mode Dashboard

4. big sky mt

big sky mt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am running the Drive Mode Dashboard, it works great for the road book use, I haven’t used it much for the driving/riding gps function yet.
  5. rides2little

Oddometer:
    And the buttons worked as intended with scrolling and odo+/-? Good to know. I was going to get a samsung tablet to test some other things with too and this may tip the scale.
    big sky mt likes this.
  6. big sky mt

big sky mt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes the buttons worked as intended, I want to get more time with the new to me Android system, thanks. big sky mt
  7. canadius_maximus

canadius_maximus Quaere verum

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone - hope you're enjoying your summer.

I decided to try the Rally Navigator app and see if and how the buttons would integrate. I'm running just the free Rally Navigator app, and notice the buttons will operate the odo on the app, but the toggle doesn't scroll the roadbook itself.

Is this due to my having the free version of the app, or is roadbook scroll possible with the free version of the app? The basic roadbook functions work fine for my needs at the moment, and I like how easily I was able to create a roadbook online.

Thanks,

cm
  8. veetwo _tls

veetwo _tls RENOVATIO:

Oddometer:
  9. rides2little

Oddometer:

The Adafruit boards can be a HID (human interface device) input like a keyboard, but they only have limited number of possible buttons and therefore commands and I have no clue what would emulate a mouse movement. THESE guys are the only ones I know of doing any joystick type movements but it is specifically for Android at this point.

Good luck in your search and let us know if you find anything that works.
  10. veetwo _tls

veetwo _tls RENOVATIO:

Oddometer:

Ok cheers & will do

There is a Download called "Bluestacks 4" Emulator which allows use of Android apps to be installed & used on a Win OP - BUT there lot 3rd party crap ads goes with it
    then could use the "Drive Mode Master" & other Android App
    Guessing that would allow the Carpe to work

far as i got on a shed laptop to try is
    Installed Blustacks 4
    Installed Drive Mode & i open Drive Mode

Then having issues getting internet connection -
    wifi hotspot
    Bluetooth Tethering
  11. rides2little

Oddometer:
    I want to say a big THANK YOU to the Advrider collective for supporting these little devices for the last few years. Unfortunately we are coming to the end of a good run with producing them. I don't have the bandwidth and drive to keep sourcing the parts, printing and producing these. Currently I have one 5 button set and three toggle versions ready to mail out and the parts to make another 7-8 more sets. I hope to have the remaining one built by the end of the month or early November. Once these are built and gone I will close this thread and people will have to source the parts and build your own.

Please PM me or email me (address in the first post) if you want to try digital rally the easy way.
    MasterMarine likes this.
  12. MasterMarine

MasterMarine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you rides2little for your hard work in building BlitzButtons. I was just thinking about how difficult it is to solder in those buttons this morning (especially with the diodes!). Your efforts have helped many riders discover rally.
    rides2little likes this.
  13. OLDBEN

OLDBEN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    THANK YOU R2L, for all you have done to promote rally!!!!!! Great person, great controllers, You're the best
    rides2little likes this.
  14. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    e-mail sent of a 3 button +toggle.
  15. canadius_maximus

canadius_maximus Quaere verum

Oddometer:
    Congrats on a great run, amigo. Your buttons got lots of use last year and this year especially. They work as brilliantly as I had hoped, and I'm sad you're wrapping it up, as I'd hoped others would come aboard and these become the de facto nav button package for digital roadbooks. But I understand, and wish you all the best moving forward. When it comes time to sell the bike, these are the first thing I'll be taking off to keep for the next bike, along with the Scotts damper. They're a treasure.

Thanks for the great support, and I hope other folks come along with a comparable offering. Though I'll say this - they have massive shoes to fill to compare to these, both from a value and performance standpoint.

cheers,

cm
    1litre, MasterMarine and rides2little like this.