Blitz Buttons Bluetooth Digital Rally Remotes - RallyBlitz app compatible

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rides2little, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Diddly

Diddly Bored of Directors

Oddometer:

Interesting. - looks like IOS only recently allowed keyboard shortcuts. Would probably need a Bluetooth keyboard to test if there were shortcuts for the GPS settings and zoom. Or email app developer..

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/every-ipad-keyboard-shortcut
    Jeff@TheQuadShop likes this.
  2. Jeff@TheQuadShop

Jeff@TheQuadShop TAT survivor

Oddometer:
    I'd be all over that!!! I bet that would be a big seller! Or maybe even a joy stick to scroll around on the map?
    Diddly likes this.
  3. Diddly

Oddometer:
  4. Jeff@TheQuadShop

Oddometer:
  5. Diddly

Oddometer:

Sorry, I can see now my post is confusing. I didn't mean to suggest the solution is found yet. What I meant was
    -I've emailed app developers but haven't heard anything yet.
    -And, just searching around, I found there's plenty of Bluetooth remote devices on the market. Some are geared towards controlling music apps, or presentation type apps, etc. The last link I included is geared towards game apps. The game controller includes a joystick that you'd think could provide the map panning feature you asked for.

Maybe MotionX or GAIA will respond with something useful.

Maybe someone will have to buy one a game controller and try it out.

Maybe one of you enterprising types will have to hack something.
  6. Jeff@TheQuadShop

Oddometer:
    Oh no I new what ya meant, I was just thinking out loud. Sorry about hijacking your thread but thanks for looking into it!
    Diddly likes this.
  7. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap

Oddometer:
    Guys, thanks for the bumps but this is getting a bit sidetracked now.... This is about BT remotes I am assembling, not some hack or other products.
    keepshoveling likes this.
  8. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap

Oddometer:
    I have two sets with the thumb/index finger scrolling setup. This my personal preference as it is very similar to the motion of a traditional toggle setup. See the photos below. I will build more of the front facing button sets next, so a week or two before those are in stock again.

Notice that the power/charge is now a waterproof toggle and no longer a rocker switch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Gany likes this.
  9. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap

Oddometer:
    Currently out of stock.

It will be several weeks before I get another batch ready in any format. Thanks for all people who have already purchased. You are helping me fund my Serres Rally 2018 !!!
    matouch and Gany like this.
  10. fano

fano here and there

Oddometer:
    Thanks Chris for an awesome switch. Works great so far. 20180129_124855.jpg
    OLDBEN and rides2little like this.
  11. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap

Oddometer:
    Not many km's this last weekend (some is better than none) but thanks for being a beta tester and the feedback Frank!

I am not sure these are ready yet to be sold this way (with a toggle) but might be an option soon. Stay tuned.
    matouch likes this.
  12. OLDBEN

OLDBEN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Getting ready to place an order for one of these, but still deciding on configuration. I had a couple of questions that others may be wondering also, so thought I would post here rather than PM.

Is it possible to control two devices with this switch, at the same time (I.E. rallyblitz on the phone, and RBRoadbook on the iPad)? I have RallyblitzPro, but sometimes prefer the larger numbers of RallyBlitz.

Will Fano's toggle switch control a digital roadbook, paper, or either?

Any idea how long the backup battery lasts?

None of these questions are deal breakers for me....just curious. Thank you, Wyoming Al
  13. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap

Oddometer:
    @OLDBEN

#1 - Unfortunately the adafruit boards (or most other remote devices) can only connect to one thing at a time. You could have two boards to one iPad but not the other way around. So, no, only one device/app at a time can be controlled by this button set. I liked the iPad/iPhone combo too but have ditched the phone and have gotten used to the Pro app in portrait mode. Maybe if you slowed down juuuuust a bit you might see the pro app fine and not have to pass me 7 times in one day! :photog

#2 - Fano's setup was a bit custom but yes I can make a setup with a toggle that runs the scoll function in the app and works a F2R roadbook holder with an M8 connector. These are custom only and will be more $$ than what the standard sets go for due to the M8 cable and more wiring on the toggle, etc.
    MasterMarine likes this.
  14. OLDBEN

OLDBEN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Maybe if you slowed down juuuuust a bit you might see the pro app fine and not have to pass me 7 times in one day! :photog

Ha Ha. By my math, that means you passed me AT LEAST 6 times. Maybe you should slow down:-)
    rides2little likes this.
  15. tkach

tkach Long timer

Oddometer:
    These are great! Have been looking at them for a while now. Though have a question, is it possible to add and extra button or maybe use the middle one as a on/off switch for something electrical...?
    Thanks
  16. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap

Oddometer:
    It would be easy enough to leave the the top button hole empty. The buttons I have are just momentary (normally open) so you would have to source your own button (latching, if you wanted to keep power on to something) that would fit the 12mm opening and the depth of the bar mount. I am skeptical that you would find such a button though as the depth is tight and most latching buttons have a much taller body to fit the latching mechanism. You would likely also have to drill another hole to make the cable exit for your other device. I would sell you the programmed board, 4 momentary buttons, USB and button cable, power toggle, enclosure and bar mounts. I can't send the lipo battery as it isn't part of a finished product and in an enclosure. You would have to source everything else (battery, extra button, etc). PM if this is something you want to discuss.
    tkach likes this.
  17. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap

Oddometer:
    The thing is I never visibly 'Passed' you and don't think I could if you were still on two wheels, I am old and slow...... :rofl :drink
    MasterMarine likes this.
  18. sakurama

sakurama on an endless build

Oddometer:
    Hoping to get a set for the RMR coming up. Just sent you a PM.
    rides2little likes this.
  19. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap

Oddometer:
    I can't seem to get ahead of the curve at the moment. I was hoping to have a few as stock to sell from all the time but currently they are selling before I get them finished. If you are interested in a set please send me an email (in middle of first post) or PM me. I am building them as fast as I can, just not posting them up here because they are spoken for before I get a chance to post.

Thanks for all those that have ordered already and hopefully out using them and enjoying the digital format!!
  20. sakurama

sakurama on an endless build

Oddometer:
    Not to add to your troubles but I just got mine last week and the quality is just great. I'm still waiting on my ipad mini to show up (flaky ebay seller) but I'm looking forward to getting this all set up.

Gregor
    rides2little likes this.