Blitz Buttons Bluetooth Digital Rally Remotes - RallyBlitz app compatible

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rides2little, Nov 12, 2017.

1. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:
    @manuellucchese ,

I have done a few of those, two personal sets and some for close friends but haven't had time lately to do more with that and I don't think I want to go down that road yet. I have had a few people ask for them but not enough to make it worth the time/trouble/parts yet. One issue is that you would have to have a multiple relay setup to keep the double/stuck button push from motor locking your roadbook holder. Aurora Rally makes a relay setup that I have used for the last 2 years when not running digital and they also do buttons with the same bar mounts that I am using.

Hope your ankle heals quickly and fully.
  2. rides2little

Oddometer:
    @manuellucchese I just realized I totally read your question wrong. Were you just referring to the box alone and not a whole button setup that would work with everything? If that is the case then yes, I hope this summer to test a setup that would just use the existing F2R/MD toggle and ICO type buttons and their M8 connectors. I have to modify the design of the enclosure to have 3 cable openings and a bit of other things but I think it is doable. That is the next product I will likely offer.
  3. Gany

Gany Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What about panel mounted M8 instead of cable? I have some that come with an o-ring for that purpose?
  4. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Gany, Not sure I follow?
  5. Gany

Gany Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just where you mentioned modifying the design of the enclosure to have 3 cable openings, you could just panel mount the connectors in the same place to save having leads coming out of everywhere? Probably neither here nor there though...
    [​IMG]
    theantipaul and rides2little like this.
  6. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Now I see what you meant. That is actually a good idea as most with existing cables are run to a common spot anyway. Thanks for the suggestion. I think I have a few in a project box stashed somewhere...now to find it...
    theantipaul and Gany like this.
  7. anronmor

anronmor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This looks pretty useful, really like those buttons and control unit, very neat.

As I can't afford the built kit at the moment I've hooked up a an adafruit board to my ipad, works well and I can scroll the roadbook or use the board to change the volume on spotify.

If find when I pull the power from the board on USB and then power the board back on the ipad doesn't recognize the board's commands again
    The board is connected
    To get it working again I have to remove/forget the connection to the RallyBlitz Control and re pair it with the ipad. It works then.

The ipad is an ipad mini 2 running IOS 11.3
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
  8. rides2little

Oddometer:
    I have had the same issue on occasion and haven't been able to find a solution yet but still digging into it. It happens to me on one Ipad but not another, with the same board, same version of iOS, one is an older mini 1 and the other with issues is mini 2.
  9. rides2little

Oddometer:
    I have updated the first post with the current offerings. The buttons come in two flavors now, the 5 button, all facing the rider and then 3 buttons with a toggle for scroll.
  10. 1litre

1litre In over my head

Oddometer:
    I'm still loving my five buttons, but might be looking at trying out the toggle next season. Going to have to wait till New Years to put in an order though. Black Friday fever put me on the naughty list till I prove myself at Christmas.:doh
    rides2little likes this.
  11. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Here is some helpful info on how the slightly odd power setup works on the devices:

Down and Up are relative to the logo and silver screw heads being the top of the device. Without the USB cable plugged in and the black rubber toggle down the device is completely off. If you plug in the USB cable it will turn on and you will see the blinking red light through the lid. If you then raise the toggle you should still see the red blinking light and also a yellow light at the other end. The yellow light means it is charging the small internal battery. The battery is meant to keep the device running for short periods if you lose USB power but won't run it very long ( an hour or so) if the USB is disconnected. This is how I suggest you use the device when navigating. The board seamlessly transitions from USB to Battery power and back without a hiccup. You can turn on the device (assuming the battery is charged) by raising the toggle when not connected to USB. You can't over drain, or over charge the battery but I wouldn't leave it plugged in for days on end to a live USB port.

The master device (Ipad, iphone or similar) has to pair with the remote device(Blitz Buttons in this case). Master devices can have more than one remote BT device connected at a time but you can only connect a remote device to one master at a time. If encounter connection problems, go to BT settings on the master device and 'forget' the device in the bluetooth connection manager, then turn off BT on iPad using the slider widget, wait 10 seconds, turn BT back on, then turn on buttons and 'pair' via ipad.

[​IMG]
    OLDBEN, keepshoveling and godwinmt like this.