Blue Ridge Beemers 1st Sunday Ride-November

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by freaking RT, Oct 18, 2002.

1. freaking RT

freaking RT will golf for food

Oddometer:
    a ride from Mrs. Rowe's Restaurant on US 250 just east of I-81 in Staunton, Va Lunch is planned for Marlington or Cass in Pocahontas County, West Virginia. Dan has planned the route to accomodate departure for anyone needing to return early. Note the eat/ride time change to adjust to shortening days.

Meet at Mrs. Rowe's, US 250 east of Staunton
    Eat at 8:30 AM
    Ride at 9:30 AM

another fun route!! This time I'm gonna be there!! bundle up, kids! it gets chilly in the hills this time of year. I wonder if that damn loaner I'll be on has heated grips???

hey, Phil, do ya need the oil moved around in your old K bike?? you have all the stuff on it don't ya? :D
  2. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    from what I understand this is still on.

see ya at breakfast
  3. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    I wonder how much trouble I can get in during one weekend??
  4. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    If my parents leave early enough on Sunday morning I will throw the Gerbings on and head that way.
  5. MountainMan

MountainMan accelerating

Oddometer:
    Hmm... Probably enough.
    And if you louts get bored. I got some fence hole's I need dug on Sunday.... :lol

Make sure you hit Back Mt. Road from Cass to Durbin :thumb

-MM
  6. sherpa

sherpa ...Robert

Oddometer:
    Is this still on...I am thinking about showing up.
  7. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    yep, it's still on!!
  8. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    What a great freaking ride!!!! :D :thumb

Dan, a guy from C-Ville really picked out a great route wiggling through the hills of VA and WVA. :thumb

DAMN, GS'ers got my pretty RT dirty as hell down some gravel snake trails :lol2 :thumb

There were 7 riders, one 1100R, one 1100RT, one 1150RT, two R100GS, and two 1100GS (?) (I don't think one was a 1150GS, hell they all look the same to an RT'er anyway. :lol2) Looks like the colder weather brought out the hard core riders!!! :thumb

Left Staunton at 9:45 and arrived at Cass, WV at 2:00 via a real round-about way :D Then shot down to Marlington via WV 1. It's paved about the size of an average single driveway. And has the curves of Deals Gap, plus up and down. :thumb great road!!

Left Marlington and had a spirited run (around 70+) back 39 to 42, where sherpa left us in Goshen and then to 42/254 split where the guys from C-ville went straight and Chuck, MrBill and me ran 42 N towards the barn.

Peppy wouldn't like that run today, there weren't very many yellow lines down the middle of those roads!! :lol1

(and once again, when I get my pc fixed I'll post some shots.)
  9. sherpa

sherpa ...Robert

Oddometer:
    Hey freakingRTrider... that was a good ride today. Keep me posted on the next one...is there an e-mail list or something I should put my name on? The oilhead GS's were both 1150's. Did I get that ADVrider salute down okay, when I was peeling off in Goshen? or should I give it some more practice before I bring it out in public:rofl
  10. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    oops!! correction 1150GS's like I said :lol2

next time you do the salute give me a damn warning so I can get the camera out!!! :lol1

I sent you a PM with the address to get in touch with Chuck to get on the mailing list.

great ride!! :thumb
  11. sherpa

sherpa ...Robert

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I'll do that.
  12. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    High 60's and sunny and my parents decided to spend an extra day:cry :cry :cry

So I have pissed away a wonderful day with parents, kids and grand kids when my ass shoulda been out near Cass having fun.

Steve - learn a fuckin lesson from this - should have given up after I got rid of the first one! :huh :huh
  13. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Yes. advrider.com/regional forums/VA wankers. I figure y'all got another coupla weeks to ride, then you'll have to listen to us Californican's adventures until the thaw :lol3
  14. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    :nono if it's a regular winter, no way. here in the valley, normally lows in the 20's and highs in the 40's. plug in the heated vest and off I go :D but, instead of heading into WV, I head east towards the bay. it's a little warmer on the other side of the Blue Ridge.
  15. Steverino

Oddometer:
    All year long! Unless it is snowing or freezing rain (like it ever snows here) I'll be riding all year. Have not found a rain/wind/temprature condition yet that will keep me from riding!

So you SGFOTLC can ride in the warm winter weather. At least we got seasons here to enjoy.

Sorry Freak could not make it yesterday. Had to put new tires on the 650. Damn them fuckers were harder to get on than the tubeless tires on the KRS. What's up with that??

And thanks for the advice Herr Phil. I would say it was not the 2nd marriage that kept you from riding yesterday. It was your desire to hang with the family. Hell, I would have blown that popsiscle stand and allowed the Parents to enjoy the kid. Me, I would have been out being a kid.
  16. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    hey Steve, are you taking typing lessons from Charlie B, now?? :lol2
  17. Steverino

Oddometer:
    I don't get it? What are you trying to say??

BTW Laura says OK if she can find a sitter and she can ride your 1150RT. :eek2
  18. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    good job, you cleaned the typing up. :D

what?? :huh She's not getting on my RT. ain't no freaking way. :nono

She can ride the K100 to Morton's
  19. Steverino

Oddometer:
    OK Now I am confused, you said meet you at Morton's and then you would ride bitch with Laura back to the Nutt and then get your RT and go for a ride didn't you??
  20. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    :lol1 :nono

I'll drop the K100 off at morton's, then you and Rogue can ride together and I'll ride whatever you decide to bring back to my place to get my RT for some more riding. got it???