BMW 450 enduro (merged) threadfest...

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Max Kool, Mar 4, 2007.

1. itsgunnahurt

itsgunnahurt Gravity Enhanced!

Oddometer:
    djroszina likes this.
  2. djroszina

djroszina Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is it. If swingarm contours are the same, and there are mounting holes drilled and tapped it may fit.
  3. itsgunnahurt

Oddometer:
    Just be aware the upper chain guard will cause wearmarks on the swingarm.
  4. djroszina

Oddometer:
    Are these wear marks significant or just cosmetic?
  5. itsgunnahurt

Oddometer:
    Not sure. I'll try get a pic of it in the next few days.
    djroszina likes this.
  6. HighTechCoonass

HighTechCoonass Living the Dream....

Oddometer:
    Anyone have a Touratech tail rack for sale or know where I could find a mounting plate for my wolfman tail bag? Thanks!
  7. djroszina

Oddometer:
    I just ordered a tail plate from Max Bmw. I'm brand new to the G450x and am looking at light weight storage options. I found it in their parts fische for the bike down the list in accessories. $32.00 plus shipping.
  8. sanqhar

sanqhar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the link.
    While you are taking photos one of where the guard attaches to the swing arm would be useful.
    Thanks again
    Tom
  9. djroszina

Oddometer:
    How wide is the Blackbird seat? I’ve arrived at the point where my winter project is fabricating a fiberglass seat pan and sending it to Renazco. I will post pics when done.
  10. djroszina

Oddometer:
    I just got back my 450 from the BMW dealer. They did the blinker recall and the alternator freewheel ring recall. Everything else checked out a-ok. The bike is now put up for the winter, but during these cold months I will get her up on the lift to inspect and lube the rear swing arm pivot and check valve clearances. Also on list is to fabricate a fiberglass seat pan and send out to Renazco for foam and upholstery.
  11. RandomZ

RandomZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone looking for a safari tank? [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. djroszina

Oddometer:
    I would in a heartbeat, but already have one...you wouldn't by chance have a Blackbird seat for sale???
  13. SchillerM

SchillerM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    $$??
  14. djroszina

Oddometer:
    New owner of 2009 G450X, I bought the bike for dualsport touring and trail riding. I’m 57 y/o and consider myself an intermediate off-road rider. I’ve played with the suspension and have basically softened it up as far as stock will allow with the dampening and compression. Sag is at the max end of the recommended range. While if I ride the bike fast it is incredible in how it handles and eats up the rough terrain, if I want to take it easier it beats me up. What can I do to the stock suspension to make it more compliant at lower trail speeds? Thanks for any info or direction you can provide. I’m looking for a low cost solution.
  15. RandomZ

RandomZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Negative! Have a 2x4 AKA stock one though

16. RandomZ

RandomZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure I think new they’re $700? Shoot me an offer I want it gone! Haha

17. cgguy09

cgguy09 Scientiæ Cedit Mare

Oddometer:
    Hey team,
    I've been getting the bug for a 450x lately. How much do you normally see them go for? I've seen a couple on cycletrader. All the sellers are asking for $5k+. Which would appear on the high end.

While it's a different bike, I picked up a 09' G650x for $3.8k with less than 1000 on the odometer. Spent about $600 (mostly on suspension) and made it into an off-road champ.

Anyway, just feeling out the water.
  18. djroszina

Oddometer:
    Wanna trade? My 09 G450x with Safari front and rear tank with a second set of wheels. Truth is, it’s way more high performance than I can utilize. It is hardcore enduro, and I’m looking for a bike that is more forgiving riding trails. Is your 650 the Challenge model?
  19. cgguy09

cgguy09 Scientiæ Cedit Mare

Oddometer:
    Man, that is tempting, but I think I've got to hold onto the 650x. I've pretty much got it perfect...(I've done the TAT twice, the TCAT, and CDR on it without issue). I want the 450x because I was looking for something to shoot around on the single tracks on the Olympic peninsula. There are guys out there who can do single tracks on the 650...on the 1200 for that matter...but I'm not them.

FWIW, It's the X-Challenge build with the X-Co classic look. E.G. I've got the x-ch suspension (Ohlins/ Marzocci/ Hyperpro suspension) with the X-Co tupperware. The X-Ch wasn't a comfortable bike, and since when I'm off-road I'm always standing, I didn't need the bench seat. The stock X-co seat is fairly comfy for when you find yourself on pavement.
    Smokey Mtns.jpeg IMG_3465.JPG

You can see here, I pretty much carry the kitchen sink. These are from 21+ day trips when I was solo. So I had to carry all the tools/ spare gas/etc
  20. djroszina

Oddometer:
    Just a thought, I’m researching reworking my suspension and lowering it 1.5” for out west trail touring. I also am fabricating a seat pan so I can get a much more comfortable seat for my 57yo arse.
    cgguy09 likes this.