1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

BMW C Evolution Electric Scooter

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by Eddy Alvarez, Jan 12, 2018.

1. djmike805

djmike805 n00b

Oddometer:
    I just ordered mine! Got a fantastic deal on a 2018 with 95 miles on it shipped to California from an out of state dealer.

How many miles do you guys have racked up on yours?

I really enjoyed reading through all these posts. Spent the last hour reading every single message in this thread.
    cpallen, ian408 and voltsxamps like this.
  2. cpallen

cpallen Nearly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Congratulations and welcome to the elite group of smart scooter riders in the US. I have about 2000 miles on mine. Haven't been riding it much since retiring and moving from Seattle, WA to Panora, IA. Still love it though! How are you going to use yours? I'm surprised you had to have yours shipped in to CA from out of state. I bought mine in Long Beach and had it shipped to Seattle.
  3. djmike805

djmike805 n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll be using it mainly to commute 25 miles round trip to work. I chose an out of state dealer because the price was far superior to anything I could find in California. Apparently it was a guy that bought one back in March of this year, never really rode it, and recently traded it back in to the dealer for a car. Since the dealer already made money on it once they significantly reduced the price (roughly 35% off current list price). I wish I had known about the C Evolution before I bought this a couple years ago: https://www.zelectricvehicle.com/T-Series

Mind sharing which company you used to ship yours? I'm getting quotes in the $600 range through Haul Bikes.
  4. cpallen

Oddometer:
    Look back into the first few pages of this thread and you should see a picture of the truck with the name and phone # on the side. They are based out of Portland, OR and work up and down the coast. Cost to me was $400
  5. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    I read in the BMWRA Magazine today that the C Evolution is not in the 2020 line up!
  6. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    I look at the first 7 pages and cant see the picture with the name. . COuld you please message me with the info to or post it if you can find it please. Thanks .
  7. ian408

ian408 Administrator Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    EagleOne Express or Federal Motorcycle Transport are two companies that do motorcycle specific transportation.
  8. cpallen

Oddometer:
    I saw that - sorry for the misinformation. I'm looking for it now.

update: Sent you a PM.
  9. Shaolin

Shaolin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had a pic featured in the BMW RA magazine. This was at their national rally this year.
    [​IMG]
    cpallen and MJSfoto1956 like this.
  10. cpallen

Oddometer:
    Thanks for representing! There is so much press about the Live Wire and Zero bikes - but practically nothing but an occasional mention of the C Evolution which even though now considered aged, is a great bike before it's time. I hope they release another practical next-generation C Evolution II.
  11. T.S.Zarathustra

T.S.Zarathustra Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. cpallen

Oddometer:
    I hope there is a continuation of the C Evolution line and not just something like the VIsion Concept bike.

P90354708_highRes_bmw_motorrad_vision_.0[1].jpg
  13. Shaolin

Shaolin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just picked up my scooter from the dealer who had to replace the charging electronics under warranty. Today was between 36-40F degrees andI had a 55 mile ride home. I have to give kudos to the scooter's heated grips. I tried low setting for half the ride. Very good. The high setting is however seriously hot, almost like holding a hot McDonalds coffee. Okay, maybe not, but I was considering turning it back down to lo setting. My gloves are Sliders Kevlar winter gloves which were initially excellent but, after several winters, the insulation may have been matted down and is not as effective in keeping out the cold. Maybe I need a taller windscreen?
    cpallen and ian408 like this.
  14. cpallen

Oddometer:
    I love my touring screen but I’m not sure it would help your hands much - maybe try some “hippo hands”?
  15. Shaolin

Shaolin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Actually, I was looking at the Tucano Urbano version of hippohands.
    T.S.Zarathustra and cpallen like this.
  16. Shaolin

Shaolin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Took out our old EVSE and installed a Next Gen JuiceBox 40 Pro with wifi connectivity. I believe it has the capability to set charging to stop at 80% for those who do that. This a before/after of the new JuiceBox. I installed the wood behind it.

Attached Files:

17. cpallen

Oddometer:
    That looks great - do you still have an I3? Can you charge both simultaneously? Costco had an EVSE on sale for about $399 around Christmas time that I had looked at. I have been using my Turbocord on a 230V circuit occasionally to top up at my sister's house in Des Moines (45 miles from home base). Makes a significant difference in charge time. I have continued to use the 120V OEM unit at home where time is never an issue and have yet to charge at a commercial station (other than at a BMW car dealer just for show). Love riding this scooter I just don't have much of a need for it since retiring and moving away from the big city.
  18. Shaolin

Shaolin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I still have the i3. Also a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (25-30 miles EV, 400 miles gas) which charges on the previous generation JuiceBox outside the garage. They are both on dedicated circuits. Installation costs could have been brought down by having 2 JuiceBoxes sharing the same circuit. These can be programmed (through your phone or computer) to either charge at different times so they get full power or you can portion out the amperage if charging simultaneously. I have 5900 miles now on the scooter.
  19. Redoubt

Redoubt DEBT FREE

Oddometer:
    How much would have it cost to replace out of warranty?
  20. ian408

ian408 Administrator Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Depends on what’s broken. The BMW C evolution has to go to a dealership that’s certified for high voltage repair which usually means a BMW car side dealer. Preferably one associated with. Motorrad dealer.

it could easily be around a grand.
    Redoubt likes this.