BMW C400X / C400GT

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Nov 6, 2017.

1. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    That might mean we would see a price in the US between $5,900 and $6,500. $5,900 retail would be a good move on BMW's part.
    AMAC1680 likes this.
  2. byee

byee Long timer

Oddometer:
    Definitely agree with you. Its a sweet price point in direct competition for other midsize scooters such as the new 2018 Yamaha XMAX. There are lots or luxurious type upgrades available for the C400 - automatic grip heaters, heated seats, etc.

I've been considering the 2018 XMAX but its not available in Canada but now considering the C400 as an option. I'd like to continue supporting Yamaha but if Yamaha is supporting the riding community.......I'll need to consider my options.
  3. dkazzed

dkazzed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Must be a really nice scooter to ride on but the front end is a bit of a letdown.
  4. byee

byee Long timer

Oddometer:
    dkazzed, what do you mean about the front end of the C400 - ‘....front end is a bit of a letdown’

Thank you!
  5. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    Nice one day I ll find one used in 3 years that I can afford.
  6. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I will take the heavy wallet and lighter bike for a $1000 Alex!
  7. dkazzed

dkazzed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It reminds me of the first gen Yamaha Zuma/BWS.

It is a BMW marque on a competitively priced scooter so I won't knock it down completely but the GS inspired lights and beak which looks good on a GS just doesn't look good on this scooter.
  8. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Forks are not triple clamp Moto style
    sealsam likes this.
  9. Chillis

Oddometer:
    It looks better in person and typical of BMW, ergonomics are excellent.

Of all of the scoots it felt the most inviting to perch on as well as technologically advanced.

TFT display, heated grips, heated seat, adjustable windshield, excellent fit and finish.

Very nice effort and power to weight ratio similar to the Majesty 400.

Didn't see a price though.
    sealsam likes this.
  10. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    IMG_20171117_073620.jpg

The forward boards are minimal, that 2nd platform. Comfy and roomy otherwise. Nice seat. It's a fancy Kymco so it's best you do your own work on it. Well put together for sure and sure to go fast.
    sealsam and cabanza like this.
  11. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Eakins- your quest for a high post count is admirable but also sort of obnoxious for the rest of us...:lol2:baldy:knary
    I'm wondering who does the design work on BMW's scooters?
  12. sealsam

sealsam Sam...I am. Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Eakins comment is uncalled for, don't speak for me! I met Bill last night, what a fantastic guy with tons of moto knowledge and tuned into the industry. If Bill wasn't so darn busy, it woulda been nice to hang out longer and chew the fat.

As far as the design work, with the past BMW scooter's, its my understanding that it is BMW Motorrad design and engineering then turned over to Kymco for production.
    kottomack and td63 like this.
  13. sealsam

Oddometer:
    Just from a new looking scooter and design, the 400x is awesome(actually 350cc's). It's got all the goods like Brian mentioned above, the heated grips and seat is a nice feature. The latest electronic dash is leaps and bounds above the competition. Unfortunately, the sales rep helping us couldn't find a key and knew nothing about the bike, he was just window dressing in a nice shirt. We needed to see under that seat!

The only thing I can compare the bike to would be my Majesty. The x is about 20 lbs lighter on about the same h.p.. The seat height is about the same at 30", fuel capacity is .5gallon higher on the Majesty. I use my Majesty for medium distance travel, so I ask myself will the x travel as comfortable as the Majesty? I don't know, the protection on the Maj is the best of all the bikes I've owned.

When it comes down to just a more modern bike with all the latest gizmo's, the x takes it all the way. The x sat very, very comfortable. I'd take the x over the Yamaha xmax as far as ergo's. What's the price on the BMW, ya gotta guess in the $8-9k range.

Here's Brian(chillis)showing us it's cell friendly.

[​IMG]

Looks better without Brian, you make the "call".

[​IMG]
  14. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Call it "uncalled for" if you like but who else posts that way here or anywhere else? and this was not an attempt at being abrasive.
    I agree that Eakins is an asset to ADV and motorcycling but it seems lately the posts are done in one sentence per post style that's funny HAHA if nothing else.
    I've read a bunch of his posts over the past few years and the one thing at a time seems to be a recent kick ?:-)

I'd like to meet him too!
  15. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    The BMW looks like a great ride. Are you guys going back today? Can you take more pictures from different angles?
  16. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    How tall is Chillis?
  17. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    If anything I'm sort of jealous that living rural I never get to any bike shows-all logically are urban events.
    The BMW high dollar maintenance schedules have been discussed too many times already to give them more play. I pull my own wrenches so never go in a BMW dealer or any other dealer much for that matter. Being made by Kymco (or not) lends nothing to the scheduled maintenance cost discussion? I've said this many times: most any dealer has high cost flat rates!
    I could take my Kawasaki Mule UTV to a dealer 25 miles away and pay ~ $100-$125 an hour (I forget which it is there) for oil changes and other maintenance but being able and logically not wanting to haul my machine for stuff I can save that money for other things. The Mule isn't regarded as such a high tech machine as a supposedly high end scooter or MC but dealers still need to profit from shop work. I could say the same thing about other machines I own & service. My Ford truck would also cost a similar flat rate, it's made in MI.
    Two wheel ergonomics are more about leg length, arm length and torso height above the belt than overall height.
    Honestly it would take a heck of a new scooter to pull me away from my Vespa bought at a far friendlier price point and runs like a champ.
  18. sealsam

Oddometer:
    Out riding the Van Van this morning and went by the BMW out of curiosity. They told me they were told to expect the bike in the 3rd quarter of next year, yep, Sept or Oct. They don't have a price yet.

Brian is probably 5-9ish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Chillis

Oddometer:
    5'9"

30" inseam, correction from the wife.
  20. sealsam

Oddometer: