BMW C400X / C400GT

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Bolzen

Bolzen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't believe C400 has better finish than C600.
  2. dkazzed

dkazzed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Man that's actually not a bad price for something that's loaded with everything. The 2018 Suzuki Burgman 400 is ringing in at $8,399 and won't have stability control.

Still all this talk about sky high prices on parts and service does scare me away from BMW. If the Xmax does come here, I wonder if it's worth importing one from the US?
  3. byee

byee Long timer

Oddometer:
    I went to Cycle Barn in Marysville, Bellingham to inquire about the Yamaha XMAX.

$5,599 USD
    $ 345 freight
    $ 315 setup
    $ 150 doc fees

$6,410 USD out the door.

Today’s exchange rate is 1.3 or $8,333 CDN dollars. That’s JUST to get the XMAX to the Canadian border. Add 12% PST/GST and now you’re at $9,332 CDN

I’m not sure what the duties are but realistically the BMW C400x is not bad at $7400CDN which is better than $8333 for the Yamaha XMAX.

350cc vs 292cc
    Analog dash vs 7” TFT LCD dash

My preference if the Yamaha XMAX but if Yamaha is too arrogant to release in Canada for consumption.......then I’ll support BMW by purchasing the C400x

If Yamaha is willing to support Canadian consumers, why should Canadians support Yamaha?

I just don’t understand. I can walk into a car dealership and make a deposit on a new
    $50,000 vehicle. When it arrives, I pay for it....concept works and proven for years.

Why can’t the bike dealerships do the same. I walk into a local dealership and make a deposit on the XMAX. They order for me and when It arrives, I pay or finance the balance.

Just my opinion!
  4. dkazzed

dkazzed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I find there’s a lot more wiggle room off motorcycles in the US than there is in Canada. You can knock the price down of the bike and maybe get rid of a fee or two. I didn’t know a US dollar was $1.30 again. Darn.
  5. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Supposedly bike sales are down a lot! This motivates the dealers.

Is the Canadian market stalling like the US?
  6. davenowherejones

davenowherejones short old guy

Oddometer:
    Big Top in Chilliwack, BC have a brand new 2014 Honda Forza 300 maxi-scooter for sale.
  7. dkazzed

dkazzed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m honestly not sure where the Canadian market is year over year. I do know that Canadians are not buying maxi scooters.
  8. byee

byee Long timer

Oddometer:
    If motorbike dealerships adopt the same strategy as car dealerships - deposit, order and pay. This helps ensure all or most motorbikes are pre-sold before they arrive.

Definitely helps eliminate excess inventory is minimized.
  9. dkazzed

dkazzed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think the problem is Honda may be mandating that dealers keep one of everything in stock for demos. In turn, they offer deep manufacturer's discounts at year end to help them move these.
  10. byee

byee Long timer

Oddometer:
    ....are the dealerships passing these deep discounts to the consumer?

Probably not if all the dealerships have excess inventory.

Manufacturers really need to step up to the plate to help their dealers.

IMO, BMW does help their dealers to be successful by offering the same motorbikes in each country. I could be wrong since I’m new to the scene......2 years riding my Yamaha SMAX.
  11. byee

byee Long timer

Oddometer:
    I went to the Vancouver Motorcycle show at Tradex in Abbotsford expecting to see the BMW c400.

Unfortunately, the release date of the c400 has been delayed till June 2018......disappointing.
  12. davenowherejones

Oddometer:
    You probably saw me there. I was the clown in the Rockstar jersey. I wore it as a joke because I ride a Honda Forza 300 scooter into silly places sometimes. 67,000 km and counting.
    Cuttlefish likes this.
  13. byee

byee Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got there Sunday at 11a.

What did you think of the motorcycle show?? I got to see the BMW C650......bit too big for my liking.

Saw the Ninja H2R for the first time. Difficult to believe it’s 310HP for 1000cc engine.

Perhaps we can plan an advrider meet at the next show. It be great to meet some of you guys especially the local advrider members.

Barry
  14. davenowherejones

Oddometer:
    Too many old guys, me included. There were not very many people there. I was there all 3 days.

The show needs to be about 3 weeks later. It was too cold to ride there.

They had a new company running the parking. I got charged twice because of a credit card error on the machine. The .5 kilometre walk in that cold wet wind was not fun.

I did enjoy the show but I am crazy.
  15. dkazzed

dkazzed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was there yesterday but at 3pm until closing. I'll try to come earlier next year so my kids can do the Yamaha riding school thing.

I was also a bit disappointed the C400X wasn't there.
  16. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
  17. Jim T

Jim T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It looks nice. Does BMW build this or is it another scooter re-branded?

PS: Void what I asked about re-branding. I just read clear through this thread.
  18. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Very interesting video (though a bit long) that shows how to operate the C400X. The best part starts around 2:00 where they show all the functions of the TFT screen. The video ends with a short test ride.

Since we aren't getting the X-ADV, I might have to hold off for the C400X.

EnduroAmerica likes this.
  19. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    In bc canada they industry stats say around 500 scooter get sold in this prov every year. The local kelonwa bmw /vespa dealer has new old stock 2015-16 vespa still sitting there 2 years after I first saw them. It's something around 4500 to 5000 scooter sold in canada every year compared to the usa where it's about 50 000 .
  20. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    WANT! Just need $