BMW ComforTemp Gloves

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by fish, Dec 23, 2001.

1. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Any guinea pigs out there for these gloves? Are they truly waterproof and windproof as BMW says they are, or is it just another example of marketing over substance? The last "waterproof" gloves I bought with the BMW logo on them got so soaked they took days to dry out.

[​IMG]
  2. moon

moon Space Cowboy

Oddometer:
    I bought a pair by accident -- I thought I was getting Gortex. They're not bad. I've ridden in cold, wet, sleeting conditions and they kept the elements outside.

I would still rather ride with my 3-season bmw gortex gloves simply because they're not as bulky. But these are a nice alternative when I'm not quite ready to pull over and wire up the Widder lectrik gloves. The inside sleeve is a little hard to negotiate with my aerostich sleeves. A little more hassle than would be a simple gauntlet. As with almost all BMW accessories the quality is top notch.

I give em an 8.
  3. moon

moon Space Cowboy

Oddometer:
    It's not so much that thy're bulky but that I have problems finding gloves that fit perfectly. If the thumb is long enough, the fingers are too long. If the fingers fit well, then my thumb ends up pushing against the inside of the glove. The pair I bought have the fingers_too_long problem so going for the brake level is a little dificult.
    Good tip; I'll try it.
    Alright, I guess they're more like a 9.:thumb