BMW F800GS - A Small Adventure Video Review

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by OneWheelDrive, Feb 14, 2009.

1. OneWheelDrive

OneWheelDrive Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree, unfortunately we didn't get a bike equipped with bags and knobbies as we'd hoped - which is more where my personal interests lie. I would have loved to take the F800GS on amore grueling sort of ride, but maybe next time.

Thanks for the kudos on the editing. The video was done over four different shoots between snowfalls, so there is a fair number of continuity issues, but over all I'm happy with it.
  2. OneWheelDrive

Oddometer:
    We've added a written review on OWD, which around here is a bit like preaching to the converted.
    ;)
  3. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
    But it was so entertaining. You could have compared it to a sewing machine. :clap I test road one last fall. I would go out an buy one if BMW increased the fuel capacity by at least a gallon.
  4. OneWheelDrive

Oddometer:
    I agree the fuel capacity does limit the F800GS in terms of real adventure. I suspect given the underseat fuel tank finding a larger capacity aftermarket one is going to be a challenge. BMW is willy, one more way of driving people to the GSA. I've asked a few times, but currently they are not spilling if an F800GSA might be in the works.
  5. DidYouSeeThat

DidYouSeeThat Uhhhh... Where?

Oddometer:
    Great video. Very well done.
    Bill the Cat :lol3
  6. OneWheelDrive

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Now, editing away at something far less adventure-y - KTM RC8. When I'm upright anyways. Stoopid lung infection :(
  7. Archangel

Archangel GS Heaven

Oddometer:
    Hey, great review!!

Specs plus a little humor to lighten the mood!! Great job. :thumb
  8. OneWheelDrive

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I'm slowly starting to get the format down. Helps to realize I don't have the production budget to be the motorcycle version of Top Gear ;)
  9. janner

janner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like your reporting style, but I gotta say that those ski's slung over your shoulder was an accident waiting to happen.
  10. OneWheelDrive

Oddometer:
    The skis looked more daring than they were. The seat kept them well away from the wheel and the scraping was minimal provided I remembered to stand. I'm pretty careful all told.
  11. Dieselboy

Dieselboy Journey not Destination

Oddometer:

Great vid! Well done on the commentary. Tell the corporates that a few of us enjoy a sense of humor.

Thbbbbbtttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ack!!!!!!!!
  12. OneWheelDrive

Oddometer:
    Well, I mean how could they not appreciate comparing the bike to Bill the Cat? ;)
  13. bingbong

bingbong Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like your stuff, the first one I saw was the benelli tnt CR, I was convinced it was my next bike, helped by your report :D but research has revealed some reliability issues :cry . But I digress, one view I would like to see more of is the view from the saddle, clocks screen bars etc. Just a thought.
    Nice to see you smartened yourself up at the end with a good haircut :lol3 Or did you get your ears lowered as my dad used to say. :D
    Looking forward to the RC8
    :nod
  14. OneWheelDrive

Oddometer:
    We will be doing more stuff from the saddle, soon as I can source (read afford) a camera for it. Agreed, the Benelli and reliability is a pity, we had good luck with our tester, but a couple weeks isn't representative.
    LOL - yah, the hair cut. The video was shot whenever we had time over a month and a half with the F800GS, so there were some continuity issues.
    Cheers,
    Neil
  15. OneWheelDrive

Oddometer:
    bingbong, the RC8 is up, won't be formally posting it on ADVRider, not really this sites thing.