1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Want to buy BMW F800GS Fork Tube Uppers

Discussion in 'Bike Parts and Accessories' started by -For1-, Nov 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -For1-

-For1- n00b

Oddometer:
    34BC2891-F966-4108-8922-58C1B0DA2877.png 4C7A5E22-9779-45C4-9281-2D963E0EFFFE.jpeg When I removed the fork seals a couple weeks ago on my stock 2009 BMW F800GS, my 45mm Marzocchi Fork tubes were both cracked inside (pics attached). Would love to do a fork upgrade (Shivered conversion), but I can’t use my stock fork tube uppers.

Therefore, LOOKING TO BUY (2) upper Stock fork tubes so I can get back to riding. Thanks!
  2. -For1-

-For1- n00b

Oddometer:
    Bump
  3. mahony99

mahony99 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did you get hold of these?
    I may have some.
  4. -For1-

-For1- n00b

Oddometer:
    I did not. So I went ahead and purchased a pair of used 2013 WP 43mm forks off eBay instead, but was disappointed at the amount of pitting on the chrome fork tubes. So I am at a crossroads: either find a pair of 45mm fork tube uppers and use the marzocchis, OR patch the WP lower chrome fork tubes with JB weld and use as is until I can get them rechromed (I found a company in Santa Fe Spring, CA “Electric Chrome” that will hard-rechrome them). You think you may have the 45mm marzocchi uppers? Thanks for reaching out.
  5. mahony99

mahony99 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, j think I might.
    I’ll have a root around when I get home tomorrow
    Can you text me on 8582184393 please?
    Will be easier.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.