1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

For sale BMW g650 x challenge

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by Mavis cruet, Oct 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mavis cruet

Mavis cruet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sadly selling my 2007 XChallenge : $5000. (I may haggle if you come and view the bike).

Approx 23000 miles.

The bike is located in Portland, Oregon.

I bought it at the end of last year when I moved to the US for work, and I’m now due to return back to the UK and not planning to ship it home as I have another one there. It’s been used for commuting to work, exploring the Oregon OHV areas, the Washington BCDR, and I’ve just returned from a 7500mile trip round the western part of the USA on it.

I dropped it just after I bought, it at a stupidly slow speed, and bent the internal gear shift mechanism, so it now has the engine from a 2010 g650gs, with the same mileage. This means it has the upgraded clutch cover and (I think) a higher output alternator. Oh, and a drilled gear lever! The original (fixable) engine comes with the bike.

The bike has a Touratech gas tank, small Touratech rear rack, Hyperpro rear shook (much better than the Ohlins on my one back home), BMW engine bars, super comfy “Rich” saddle, low profile sump plug, and a new Motobatt battery 6 months ago. It also has a set of Dirtbagz frames and bags (which have been much better than I expected). You can have a bike cover too, if you’re nice.

I have just changed the oil, oil filter and air filter. It had a new front disk about 6 months ago, and the pads are good too. The rear disk is good, but will need new pads soon. DID gold xring chain and sprockets in good condition. The fork oil and brake fluid were changed approx 6 months ago. It has a part worn Motoz Tractionator tyre on the back and another part worn one comes with the bike. The front is a Shinko 804 with plenty of life.

Overall the bike is in very good condition, with light scuffs and scrapes and the usual BMW flakey paint on the rear plastics.

It has a plate and tags, but I want to keep these as a momento, so I guess it will need new ones.

I am not currently working, so come and have a look whenever you like....

Cheers,

Karl.

Attached Files:

soloyosh, OU812 and Snake Oiler like this.
  2. yuchunchang

yuchunchang n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi! Has this been sold? Thank you
  3. Mavis cruet

Mavis cruet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No, still available. Ive sent you a pm....
  4. Mavis cruet

Mavis cruet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    PRICE DROP PRICE DROP PRICE DROP!!!!!

Now $4,500. Go on, come and see it and make me an offer....

Karl.
  5. HighTechCoonass

HighTechCoonass Living the Dream....

Oddometer:
    dang, nice bike I love mine and may get another.
  6. mtwarhol

mtwarhol Serial Lurker

Oddometer:
    Is the engine swap noted on the title?
  7. tomaboyd

tomaboyd n00b

Oddometer:
    Where are you located?
  8. hansi

hansi Teurer Abenteurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still for sale?