1. eNewsletter Sign Up

BMW G650X Challenge Thread Index

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by GB, Apr 24, 2008.

1. seasider

seasider Just a rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I will see what the reality of availability is when I try to pay! :-)

Just did it and it looks like a bit of a wait......we'll see
  2. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Fresh tires scooped up & spooned on my xMoto.
    upload_2020-2-27_7-53-25.png

Gonna be nice not having the crappy heidenau on the back anymore.

I also got some ODI Rogue V2 lock-on grips. There's a cam that matches the stock pretty well. It still seems my throttle is quite a bit heavier than it should be. Should I just go ahead and get a new throttle cable on order, or anything else I can try to make it more light n snappy like my KTM 350.
  3. eaglescan

eaglescan Borrego rocks Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just thought about what might happen if the spring broke, gas may be wide open, not good.
  4. Wyocrawler

Wyocrawler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_1450.jpg
    Just about got her done.
    TobyG, blaster11, DGR and 6 others like this.
  5. hansi

hansi Teurer Abenteurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wyocrawler likes this.
  6. waylongway

waylongway madmax Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks Great...! Nice job. These things are a LOT of work and not to be taken on by the faint of heart...:fpalm....:pope....:stupid
  7. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    What bags do you run with the dirtbagz rack you have on your X? I couldn't get mine to work with any of the wolfman bags that I have. :dunno Looks great though. :thumb
  8. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    I believe he's running Dirt Bags now. He switch's back and forth with a couple he's tried off eBay tho too
    andrewgore likes this.
  9. rryd

rryd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi.
    I’m looking for some Bi-Xenon to my TT fairing.
    I have oe Hella (Halogen low beam and Xenon high beam)

Any idea what I can use who have better light output than oe Hella and is dustproof?

IMG_2898.jpg
    DGR likes this.
  10. Wyocrawler

Oddometer:
    I use dirtbagz rangers with a 10 or 20 litter Kreiga US depending on how much crap I want to carry.

I’ve tried several different bags and I haven’t found any that work as well for me as what I’m using now.
  11. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Mines finally ready to go......although I pulled the racks off.
    IMG_20200228_200644.jpg
    DGR likes this.
  12. seasider

Oddometer:
    So I have tried to read up on batteries for the x including snooks page. Given today's tech vs a few years back what battery would be most reliable in the long run with this bike and sensitivity to voltage minimums?
    I don't run more than heated gloves and stock lighting. I like the idea of the lithium ion for weight but not a must.
    Certainly not looking to turn this into an "oil thread" but I do need a battery and appreciate the guidance.
  13. Wyocrawler

Oddometer:
    I needed a battery last year in a hurry. Did a little research and found out Walmart AMG batteries are made by Johnson controls. It’s been really good for $60. No problems so far a year in.
    CoatsEast likes this.
  14. Dutchgit

Dutchgit Completely clogless

Oddometer:
    I got the Hella Module 60 for low beam and it does a good job as far as I am concerned. You can fit a Xenon to that but you might opt for an LED bulb as it's a projector style light. It's dust proof too for it not being a permanently sealed unit.

I tend to go for the cheapest Gel battery I can find. That has worked well for me in the last 7 or 8 years. (2 batteries so far)
  15. Wyocrawler

Oddometer:
    I have a plug and play LED light kit from Brittania Composites. Hella housing with cyclops led bulb for the low and Baja squadron pro for high. Really great kit.
  16. Wyocrawler

Oddometer:
    IMG_1426.jpg
    Gravel Seeker and blaster11 like this.
  17. Gedrog

Gedrog 1000 mile stare a 1000 stories to tell

Oddometer:
    https://dakarparts.com/en_US/p/CFX-Rally-Highlights-2018-street-legal-set-Low-High-Beam/111 also has a video for comparison

KTM/Hella part numbers:

- High Beam: 76414001000
    - Low Beam: 76214002000

These are the same units Hella part numbers US chaps look around I have seen these for as low as $76
    $100 each with or without frame from here
    Low Beam w/o Mounting Frame - 998670021 https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/998670021/
    High Beam w/o Mounting Frame- 998670031 https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/998670031/
    Low Beam w/ Mounting Frame - 998670041 https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/998670041/
    High Beam w Mounting Frame- 998670051 https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/998670051/

Product Highlights

With the new CFX Rally Modul 60 LED, is introducing an ultra-compact headlamp that achieves a high light output despite its size. A specially developed lens system concentrates the light and distributes it to the range of operation.

Technical information

• Light function: Low Beam & High Beam

• Homologation: Premium Version:
    SOP: October 2017

- ECE R113-D

- FMVSS108 motorcycle.dot (with LB and HB in combination) Standard Version: ECE R113-B, SAE J 1623,

• Power consumption: ~16 Watt

• Operating voltage: 12V (9-16V)
    • Type approval: ECE-R10

• Integrated HB3 Connector
    [​IMG]
    Hella_Lights simplified.jpg
  18. redape53

redape53 WetSump’d

Oddometer:
    Seaside, Did the same research as you. Having had AGM’s on past bikes I trusted them. The one that came with the bike was 3-years old and I’d get pretty wide volt readings but this time I spent the extra for AntiGravity lithium (8-cell). I do want to emphasize weight reduction that the x-co has a good head start on already. Voltage has varied only a few tenths & always above 13v. Starts faster and hasn’t stalled.
  19. seasider

Oddometer:
    Thanks redape. Leaning to the updated option over oem which has a 2 year warranty.
    I suppose the proper charger makes sense as well.
    Source for your set up?
  20. redape53

redape53 WetSump’d

Oddometer:
    Im just feeling my way thru the fog, but; I got battery off Amazon..$155. I also purchased a Battery Tender branded selectable between lead or lithium on amazon for $35. I find afterward that AntiGravity does not recommend selectable tenders. But I bet it works fine. Also the battery comes fully charged anyway & they HOLD A CHARGE! My voltmeter read 13.4v upon install.
    CoatsEast likes this.