1. eNewsletter Sign Up

BMW G650X Challenge Thread Index

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by GB, Apr 24, 2008.

1. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Those are the best tires I ever ran on the X!
    BikerBobber likes this.
  2. XallengeXccepted

XallengeXccepted Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On the street!? Or you mean in the dirt? lol
  3. tbarstow

Oddometer:
    In the dirt. The last couple of years I had the X, I stopped riding it on the road.
    flying.moto likes this.
  4. XallengeXccepted

XallengeXccepted Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ah. Well I don't blame you, that's where all the fun is. Unfortunately, I have to waste my nobbies commuting to work and getting to the trails. I can't wait to try these in the dirt, as I have heard nothing but good things about them.
  5. khpossum

khpossum poster

Oddometer:
    You worry too much, any M6 Homedepot washer will do.
  6. eaglescan

eaglescan Borrego rocks Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have been running Michelin T 63 , find it works for everything and on the slab too. I thought the front knobs were small, but they lasted 7000Km, about 50/50 dirt & slab, running 18 to 22 psi
  7. blaster11

blaster11 Still having fun!

Oddometer:
    Currently running a Mitas E09 and have on several other bikes and find that it works well and gets really good mileage >3,000 miles.
  8. PaulyD

PaulyD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    this is probably dumb, but I was moving my bike around the other day and a straight piece of clear (now yellowed) plastic tubing with a plug in the end fell to the ground. I rememered seeing it on the left side of the engine, I looked today and saw a nipple coming off the air box on the left front corner. this is the correct place for it correct? I'm assuming it is a drain for the air box..
    blaster11 likes this.
  9. keepshoveling

keepshoveling DNF

Oddometer:
    Yes and that is correct. Make sure it has its little plug in the other end so you don't have an unfiltered path straight to ruination.
  10. PaulyD

PaulyD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    how do you like it on the xch? my saharas are getting pretty worn and I'm having a hell of a time deciding on a good tire for 50/50
  11. PaulyD

PaulyD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    there was one open end which I slid onto the nipple on the airbox, and the other end had a little black plug in it with a clamp holding it in. unfortunately the end onto the airbox isn't the tightest so I'll see if I can get a hose clamp on there, if not I'll zip tie it to something with some upwards tension..
  12. keepshoveling

keepshoveling DNF

Oddometer:
    The little black plug is what I meant and yeah you usually need some kind of clamp on both ends.
  13. seasider

seasider Just a rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just noticed mine to be the same and split. I cut it back some and reinstalled it. Gonna keep an eye on it but replacing the clear plastic hose is on the list.
  14. blaster11

Oddometer:
    I don't have that many miles with it on the X-Challenge yet but my wife has burned through one on her X-Country and likes it and I have burned through one on my HP2E and also have one on a Husky TE511. As you can tell I am very happy with the longevity and the performance based on having it on many bikes. It will be the tire I run for the TAT in May and running a Dunlop D606 on the front.
    [​IMG]
  15. seasider

Oddometer:
    Blaster....you running the tat on the xchallenge? Ride report link for us here please if so.
    I think I met you at the roaming rally 2014!?
  16. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Due to a lack of vacation time we are breaking the TAT into pieces. The first leg is going to take the wife and I to Colorado. I will be riding the X-Challenge and my wife will be riding a WR250R. We will definitely be doing a ride report as we go and a SPOT link as well for people to follow along. 2014 would have been the big bike version of the Roaming Rally.....what were you riding?
    flying.moto likes this.
  17. cmiguelq

cmiguelq Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a problem on my bike one day I was washing the bike , as he was returning home the engine seems q failed, the rpm slowed , but then returned to normal ... This weekend I went to an off-road ride, rain much, stopped for refueling , when I turn on the bike the engine started again to fail , I had to speed up several times to get regular .... More ahead happened again the same thing, but this time the bike did not want to start , after several attempts the bike had a very strong rater ...what could be? Sorry.. I have to use Google translate.
  18. tbarstow

Oddometer:
    How old is your battery? I would also check the ignition switch internals.
  19. cmiguelq

cmiguelq Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The battery has 5 months!
  20. seasider

Oddometer:
    On my 1200 gs with others and a couple 800 gs. Great time.
    blaster11 likes this.