BMW G650X Challenge Thread Index

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by GB, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Bli55

Bli55 -

Oddometer:
    Hi, don't know how much help this is, but here are some partnumbers that you might like to try and search for:

10.4620.73 (brembo)
    110.4362.50 (brembo)
    58313050100 (KTM)
    32 72 7 676 648 (BMW)
  2. jjmead1

jjmead1 now THAT"S a bike!

Oddometer:
    I feel very very confident I filled the system correctly. I followed the RepRom verbatim and am aware of the bleed port screw. I also rocked the bike, burped the hoses, etc. to make sure there was as little possible air in the system. I will re try for sure but feel fairly certain this was done as correct as possible. Thank you.
    Dutchgit likes this.
  3. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Do it again, that is how I toasted my motor.
    keepshoveling and jjmead1 like this.
  4. e28rusty

e28rusty Fool

Oddometer:
    I'm looking at ordering a hyperpro from calsport.co.uk but they say they can't order custom lengths... I'd like to drop the seat height 1.5" or so, do you think I could just order one for an 07 xcountry and be happy? It's looking like it would be about $60 less than the Yacugar and I've always liked purple :)
    I'm looking at Snookers chart and it seems like the stock Xchallenge shock is about 10cm longer than the xcountry...
  5. Lexey63

Lexey63 AlcoDventurer

Oddometer:
    guys, who have the best (not from the official site) powercommander V map for Uni filter and leovinchi?
    dantroop likes this.
  6. Fasco

Fasco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    First of all, thak you all for the replies, I'm learning lots of stuff :)
    I replied to your messages in the quotes.
    I did not mention that the sputtering problem was there before mounting the Xtank.

Super useful information, thanks, also for the GS911 offer. I've picked one too and checked the values:

[​IMG]

Everything seems OK, including voltage, air temperature sensor and lambda sensor, right? I also found those data, I think it's my ECU:

BMS-C II
    Part No.: 0007706346
    HW Version: A
    Diagnosis Index: 5
    Manufacturing Date: 2006-10-26
    HWOE No.: 26764297
    Program release: 200E
    Manufacturer: Hella
    Data release: 200EN61B
    Operating time: 681h 49m 16s
    VIN: WB10165007XA80863
    VIN model year: 2007

It's version 200E the latest?
  7. jjmead1

jjmead1 now THAT"S a bike!

Oddometer:
    currently there is an ECU on ebay. but in the US.
  8. blaster11

blaster11 Still having fun!

Oddometer:
    Hyperpro already has one that should fit your need which comes shorter, I can get the part number and specs later tonight if that would help at all?
  9. keepshoveling

keepshoveling DNF

Oddometer:
    There are a couple front master cylinders on ebay. One for $40, one for $80. Why not try one of those first?
  10. PaulyD

PaulyD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't mind knowing that number either
    blaster11 likes this.
  11. e28rusty

e28rusty Fool

Oddometer:
    That would be amazing! The guy at Calsport is reticent to recommend one (probably because of the enormous hassle it would be if I returned it).
    blaster11 likes this.
  12. blaster11

blaster11 Still having fun!

Oddometer:
    The lowered shock and the forks down about 20mm in the triple tree is just perfect for me, not high on my toes like some other bikes I own.
  13. rockydog

rockydog just a guy

Oddometer:
    Contact http://www.epmperf.com/. for Hyperpro shocks in the states, they are so in NJ. The standard shock can be shortened and designed for your weight
  14. jcat5503

jcat5503 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm considering buying one of these for a long distance dual sport bike.. My DRZ just gets a little too taxed on pavement rides.

How do they do on long pavement stretches around 6-8 hours? I would add a small windscreen and comfy seat.
  15. e28rusty

e28rusty Fool

Oddometer:
    Thanks,
    The reason I'm looking at ordering from UK is with the exchange rate I'm looking at $484 shipped vs $619+shipping from EPM or similiar for a Yacugar from Beemershop
  16. MJS

MJS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just consider the extra $135 as the price of getting something custom for you. Ted and Klaus will customize the shock to your needs.
  17. MJS

MJS Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been riding one around Europe for the last month +. I don't do 8 hours on the bike at one time but I don't like to do that on any bike. As for kepping up with traffic, the bike is fine. But it's probably not the best bike for IB type rides.
  18. Grunt

Grunt I Am Carl Supporter

Oddometer:
    I thought about it. But, since they are used I was concerned that they may not last that long or have other problems. And since there is no rebuild kit I would just have to buy another master cylinder anyway. So, I'm just going to go for a new one.

Grunt
  19. Butters

Butters Kwyjibo Supporter

Oddometer:
    I went from a DRZ to my X. In short, the X pretty much does everything better. The aftermarket is more limited and you may have to occasionally fab your own solution, but it is simply a much better bike. I hated my DRZ above 60. The X does fine at a true 75. It doesn't feel stressed out like the DRZ, but I wouldn't want to do 6-8 hours on my X on the interstate. It is still a lightweight thumper and freeway speeds aren't it's specialty. But I would say it manages them better than almost any other thumper.

I have never - not once - ever regretted moving up from the DRZ to the X.
    Dutchgit, seasider, Len and 1 other person like this.
  20. e28rusty

e28rusty Fool

Oddometer:
    I rode 3 days with a buddy on a drz and off road they are fairly comparable, but we did two hours of highway and he was miserable, it went by pretty easy for my on the XChallenge. I do have an aftermarket seat of some kind but no wind protection.
    keepshoveling likes this.