BMW GPS Navigator

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Chookas, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Chookas

Chookas ppfffrrrtttttt....

Oddometer:
    Hi all!!
    Do any of the Aussie riders out there have the first generation sat nav units for their GS? Got a couple of questions if you do....
    Are there any riders in/around Melbourne?? All the blokes I used to ride with have given Dual Sport the arse and now go howling around on R1's and the like. I get bugger all time to ride with my job but it'd be great to get to know other like minded chaps and chap-ettes :thumb
    Any-hoo, enjoy and I look forward to hearing from, well, some of youse!!
    All the best,
    Shiny-side-up,
    Chookas
  2. ozadvntr

ozadvntr Planning that trip, again

Oddometer:
    Chookass,

There are quite a few Dual Sport riders in the Melbouren area. As a point of contact, I suggest ou try the ozadventure list on Yahoo. Melbourne has an active contingent. Chris McCardle is very active and can provide you a lot of advice and direction.

On this arena, Mick Fagan is very active. I am sure he will he contact you as well.

regards and welcome to our part of the forum.

Michael
  3. Kuma

Kuma Who's Ya China!!

Oddometer:
    Given this country we live in and the roads we have to ride on it never ceases to amaze me small number of dual sport bikes....

My first bike a Kwaka cruiser and I remember going out to Bathurtst on it.. bot a big run but hey I was on my L's. Met a friend and he wanted to go to the top of this hill for a picnic... So I tagged along on the bike climbing the hill (just).. then the road became dirt.. maybe after 50m I parked the Kwaka and jumped into the Sierra.. and promised myself my next bike will be a GS so I can keep going. I kept that promise...and there will always be a GS in the garage from now on. :D

Sorry to hijack the thread