BMW GS 25th Anniversary Rally

Discussion in 'Australia' started by atgreg, Jul 5, 2005.

1. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    Info about the rally at,

http://www.bmwtcnsw.org/pdfFiles/GS25thAnnvRallyEntryFrm.pdf

Im going to head up to the meeting from Sydney, should be some tasty bikes to check out. I'll be on my Africa Twin so I'll be adding some Honda Class to the weekend.

I'd like to be there for the bike show on sat arvo so I'll probably ride to Singleton friday after work and stay in a pub and then leave early and head through Scone and Moonan Flat, then head on the dirt over the top of the Barringtons by the tops rd or the Tomalla rd, anyone wants to join me would be welcome.

Greg
  2. ozadvntr

ozadvntr Planning that trip, again

Oddometer:
    :poser :pui

Maybe we can usethe AT as a centre piece for the fire

Mick very TIC
  3. LeLievre Down Under

LeLievre Down Under Le Lievre DownUnder

Oddometer:
    [Probably be a gorup of us going the other way via Dungog and staying at the BAnk Hotel. Then Gloucester and Cundle Flat the next Day
    Good run either way depending on snow and closure of the road form Moonan to Barrington

Andrew
  4. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    Mick,

if I see a group in Dririder Rally Cross jackets circling I know I'll be in trouble !!! :-)
  5. ozadvntr

ozadvntr Planning that trip, again

Oddometer:
    Are there any more takers out there for the GS Birthday celebration in NSW. A couple of groups heading down from QLD.

QLD guys also have a GS get together at M&W Brisbane on 03 Sept followed by a ride to Linville on 04 Sept.

Rob Wynne is having a party at Nindigully 10 Sept

RTO is planning a run to the MT Perry Tunnel on the weekend 24/25 Sept.

Plenty on in QLD for the GS Birthday, need any info, contact me.

Mick
  6. LeLievre Down Under

LeLievre Down Under Le Lievre DownUnder

Oddometer:
    Yep see ya up there - should be a good turn out from BMW TC NSW and a whole bunch of others - good place to go and reason enough to get there. Rob Tiedeman has done a good job pulling it together

Will look forward to saying hi

Andrew
  7. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    An email copied from the oz Adventure riders (OAR) email list;

Fellow riders

Arrangements are well under way for the GS 25th Silver Anniversary Rally. We have about100 entries to date.

BMW has donated $1,300 of rider’s apparel which we are offering as a great prize for people attending the rally. (I am tempted to buy extra Rally entries just to win the Jacket.) BMW has also supplied a DVD of the history of BMW Motorbikes which will be shown on Saturday night and we have some memorabilia on display in the Chapel.

On Saturday at 10am a 3 hour ride is being set out to explore the natural beauty of the area, followed by a bike display show in the afternoon. Entry to the bike show is free for anyone interested in displaying their bike. There are prizes on offer for the winners.

Kristina, our host has organised a Spit roast and vegetable dinner on Saturday night cost $20-00 for those that have pre booked. The club will be preparing sausage sandwiches for lunch each day and a hot breakfast and free coffee will be available all weekend. Soft drinks will be available to purchase but you will have to bring your own alcohol, remember it is 50km back to town.

Those staying in the Bunk House will have to bring a sleeping bag or linen. We have a number of bookings from Queensland and one from Victoria so the eastern states will be well presented. If you miss this weekend you will have to wait another 25 years to pay worship to the mighty GS.

A number of people have booked for Friday night so you can arrive early if you wish or you may wish to stay at the following hotels:-

Gloucester has three hotels - Avon Valley Inn, 02 6558 1016 a nice old pub good dining, Roundabout Hotel, 02 6558 1816 new style pub with motel type rooms, &

Buckets Way Hotel, 02 6558 2588 nice old hotel in main street

Wingham - Australian Hotel, Circa 1890, 02 6553 4312 approx $20-.

Walcha - (no accommodation at Nowendoc) New England Hotel, 02 6777 2532 approx $40 motel out.

For details of Cundle Flat Farm including maps - HYPERLINK "http://www.cundleflatfarm.com.au/"http://www.cundleflatfarm.com.au

For an entry form, check our new web site HYPERLINK "http://www.bmwtcnsw.org/"http://www.bmwtcnsw.org/

Sponsor

Motohansa. Of Sydney the distributor of Wunderlick products.is supporting the rally

Motorcycle Adventure products the distributor of Touratech or Hepco & Becker products as offer a

$350-00 gift voucher to rally.

Rob T

TEl 02 49 631901