1. eNewsletter Sign Up

BMW GS One piece seat

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by AFekete, Oct 2, 2002.

1. AFekete

AFekete Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just got the new BMW Accessory catalog in the mail and was checking out/making a wish list of all the items I would like. I saw a one piece seat for the standard GS. Has anyone installed this seat on thier bike? If so, any comments/concerns/pictures ?

thanks,
    Andrew
  2. Maxmoto

Maxmoto Anarchist Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do they have different colors? How much they go for?
  3. jonny

jonny Adventurer

Oddometer:
    is this a true bmw seat or the touratech seat, i have been told the touratech is hard as hell and is only good for serious off road use for better mobility, if this a bmw product let me know here i can find more info thanks
  4. AFekete

AFekete Long timer

Oddometer:
    My dealer ordered it for me to see. I should have pictures possibly on Tuesday. According to the catalog it is a BMW seat not Tourtech and only comes in black but I'm sure it is easy to recover.

Again, I will post pictures when I the seat comes in.

-A
  5. cdt45acp

cdt45acp Will Ride for Food

Oddometer:
    I have been told that the seat from the adventure will fit a standard GS. This may be the one piece seat in question. I would love to hear the consensus re the GSA seat vs stock and vs Corbin, Sargent, etc

Dr. Beak (aka Mr. Igottasorebutt)
  6. mlaotn

mlaotn Slow Rider

Oddometer:
    I have the one piece seat which comes standard on the R1150GS Adventure. It is very comfortable both one and two-up. I like it better for one up since it gives you freedom to move and stretch during the ride.
  7. AFekete

AFekete Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I finally made it to the dealer yesterday only to see what I did not want to see. The dealer ordered the "low comfort seat" as described in the accessory catalog with the coresponding part number. They ordered the correct part but the picture in the catalog is incorrect. The picture is of the GSA one piece low comfort seat.!!!!:confused

Balls!!!!!!!!!!!:flush

Sorry for the bad news but I did get to see a standard GS outfitted with the GSA seat and rear luggage rack. It looked really cool but you neat quite a few parts to make that change. Best thing to do is find a wreck and canabalize it.

Onward and upward!:lift

-Andrew
  8. zouch

zouch part-time wanderer

Oddometer:
    the GS Adv seat mounts to the bike completely differently than the Standard GS/GSA seats.
    yes, i'm sure you could make it to fit, but there's going to be more involved than just popping it on; they're not readily interchangeable without some other modifications.

frankly, i like the one-piece seat on my Adventure; it might be because i come from a Desert/Dirt Bike riding background, but i like the option of being able to move around on it and not being forced to sit in any one position.

cheers!
    e