Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by dazzadm, Feb 5, 2019.
hahaha sorry I just think it's BS, the entire set up stinks!
YOU WILL GET OVER IT. They all do it which ever colour tickles your fancy.
Its just Marketing and if it was open to us here in NZ you probably drop about 5K to participate. Going by previous GS Safaris.
I have better things to do with that sort of money.
Haha.. yeah like put some bling on Big Blue and get it on the road
For that sort of money I could pay someone else to finish it
taken from the GS forum
From the GS Forum
Before you rule out the GS, remember a few facts:
- BMW sells ~85,000 shaft drive boxers each year, with ~50,000 of them being GS or GSAs
- Doing the math, since introduction of the R1200GS in 2005, that puts over 1 million final drive units on the road
- Even a very low failure rate (say 1 in 1000) would create 1000 "horror stories" to share
- ADVRider is a VERY popular site for these owners. We are pathetically addicted to reading about other people's pain
- You could switch to a KTM 690 and have your transmission mainshaft break in half while riding and require 5 engine pulls to fix....
- Yamaha recalled every 2014 R1 to replace their transmissions, they recalled a bunch of Super Tenere's for wiring problems
- Honda just recalled the 2019 CRFs for a transmission problem
None of these manufacturers is perfect and the internet makes a few people's problems seem like a plague.
I wonder if the orange ones sell as many bikes.
I seem to recognize a lot of the country that those shots were taken in... maybe we aren't missing much after all? There is some nice country they're going through.
NZ$9000 to do the tour of the Trophy route on an original trophy GS... not for me I'm sorry. Got too many costs going on building in our house.
Already heading deep down south next month anyway, so can't do it all. And it ain't costing 9K.
YEP but to be fair BMW rallies are always way to expensive it goes with the territory. But to be fair YAH 9 days is all included bike, meals & accommodation. Its a bought the same price as guided tours you may do overseas on holiday.
I'm picking they are probably doing something like the 30 years GS Anniversary Ride.
Enjoy your ride down south. Where you headed Burt Munroe?
Going past dusty butts. Was too late to enter and we are riding down with a mate who is doing it. Then we head down to the motorcycle museum in Invergigle and pick him up on the way home.
Haven't been into the catlins so looking forward to having a poke around in there...
Reading the blurb it sounds like you are actually riding the Trophy bikes that did the course. F850 GSs, would be nice I'm sure