BMW MOA National Rally June 25-28 2020 @ Great Falls, Montana

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Solarmoose, Dec 28, 2019.

1. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Ted Moyer
    Executive Director
    BMW Motorcycle Owners of America
    March 25, 2020

BMW MOA Plans for the 2020 National Rally

Thank you for registering for the 2020 National Rally in Great Falls. I know you are ready to Saddle Up & Ride and put the current health crisis in your rear-view mirror. Our Rally Team is working hard to make sure we are ready for you in Great Falls and I want to share with you some thoughts about the National Rally.

Obviously, there is much uncertainty about the future. The health situation is very serious and of great concern to our members. I recognize the severity of your concerns for your health, safety and future travel plans. I want you to know that we will take every precaution to deliver a safe and healthy rally in June. If the situation forces alternate plans or makes a safe environment impossible, we will adjust so that our members can feel secure in the Rally environment. As of today, we have every intention of putting on a great show for you June 25-28, 2020 and we are working hard to make that a reality.

Currently, I expect to have a much clearer picture of the future by May 15. I understand that your personal situation or tolerances may not allow you to wait for a decision. If that is the case for you, our refund policy allows for a full refund of your registration fees before May 25. If you need to make a decision today for your own peace of mind, please contact the member services team at (864) 438-0962 or membership@bmwmoa.org and we will be glad to accommodate you.

I want to assure you that we will make the best decisions about the Rally with our members health and financial well being in mind. The MOA has always been about community, friendship and fellowship and our greatest responsibility at the Rally is to keep our friends and family healthy and safe.

For all of us, I am hopeful for good news in the coming weeks. Until then, please be safe and stay healthy. I look forward to seeing all of you at the National!
    bigjohnsd likes this.
  2. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    The Great Falls Rally has been cancelled. The 2021 rally will be in Great Falls on 24-27 June 2021.
  3. Gezerbike

Gezerbike I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa......ck

Oddometer:
    Closure. Thanks Kevin.
  4. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    Appreciate the update KH.
    Hang in there.
    Fite
  5. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    We are doing just fine down here, Fite. Montana has had relatively few cases with zero new ones yesterday. Has not been a new case in our county since March and we are still riding. Hope things are well with you and yours. You old farts need to be careful.
    northernfrontier likes this.
  6. Solarmoose

Solarmoose electric Supporter

Oddometer:
    You ALL old farts need to be careful.

Sorry news about the national.
    Fairbanks has gone 8 days w/o new reported case. One brother has lost his job, a brother-in-law's work has filed chapter 11, two of my sons say they have work now but sketchy after current contracts done. Good to hear some places are going to try and get things going again.
    Spring is slow in coming so no riding yet. Maybe in a week or two.
    Oil companies have to pay someone to "buy" their oil?
    This is peggin the wierd-shit-o-meter.
    AK650 and northernfrontier like this.
  7. northernfrontier

northernfrontier Never stop riding Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well some of us are riding, albeit after lots of shoveling of snow and ice to be able to just get out of the driveway. Just took a nice 60 mile jaunt. Need to find more interesting places to go that don't require border crossings....
  8. northernfrontier

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

Dogslobber, AK650 and Solarmoose like this.
  9. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    We used to live on a street up off of Ballaine Road. The street was dirt and shaded for a 1/8th mile before you could be on pavement on Dalton Trail; the dirt section and our driveway would not melt for a couple of weeks after the pavement was clear. One Spring Spousal Unit was so anxious to ride that she got as much salt as she could find and melted a 2 foot wide path all the way to pavement.
  10. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    Been there. 4EF131D8-A05C-4515-BCF7-3F9CDE369AAD.jpeg
  11. northernfrontier

Oddometer:
    I had my driveway plowed out twice but then it dumped another foot of snow.
  12. northernfrontier

Oddometer:
    How is Ivan's Alley?
  13. Solarmoose

Solarmoose electric Supporter

Oddometer:
    Getting close to being rideable. A couple more days.