1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

BMW Motorcycles of Seattle is BACK!

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by villa.nord, May 13, 2020.

1. chtucker

chtucker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    jconli1 and SebRex13 like this.
  2. SebRex13

SebRex13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    3D8B1ACC-3AA8-41EF-943D-86F669A0F01A.jpeg It is getting closer. New banner.
    jconli1 and cgguy09 like this.
  3. jconli1

jconli1 from the land of pleasant living... Supporter

Oddometer:
    The design nerd in me respects the effort in making a banner that visually matches the pending corporate-mandated signage.
    cgguy09 likes this.
  4. cgguy09

cgguy09 Scientiæ Cedit Mare

Oddometer:
    I’ll
    good catch!
  5. jconli1

Oddometer:
    They posted a quick and dirty edit of some interior shots to YouTube... looking even better than I thought it would at this point.

GR8ADV, cgguy09 and Motorius like this.
  6. GR8ADV

GR8ADV Safety Second!

Oddometer:
    I was hoping for his and her 1800’s on the floor. ;).

So who is the new owner?
  7. SebRex13

Oddometer:
    jconli1 and cgguy09 like this.
  8. redlabelmoto

redlabelmoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I must be web challenged as I cannot find the staff into page. I did learn the dealership is located near the area of Renton however.

All joking aside I look forward to visiting my old friend Roman and buying some bits for my latest an 80 slash 7 revival that needs some love.

D6A402DB-11AD-4568-B245-19EB664F05A5.jpeg
    Motorius and SebRex13 like this.
  9. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
  10. cgguy09

cgguy09 Scientiæ Cedit Mare

Oddometer:
    That’s great. I think I remember Laurie from Noble Rush (the erstwhile BMW Seattle dealership). Nice lady. I Never bought a bike from her (or any dealer for that matter) but she definitely saw me looking a r1200r Up And down. She’s A keen enough sales-person to recognize a weak-minded man with a glimmer in his eye!
  11. jconli1

Oddometer:
    The Scharmach family... not only local, but also a bit of previous experience with corporate... https://scharmachauto.com/about/
    DRONE, cgguy09, GR8ADV and 2 others like this.
  12. villa.nord

villa.nord n00b

Oddometer:
    Ladies and Gentlemen. Roman here (12 years with Ride West + 4 years with BMW m/c Seattle / Noble Rush) with more news. Sorry for the silence. Not being coy or mysterious, but ready to share more info now.
    Covid, construction and licensing delays, corporate compliance, etc. slowed us down. Here's all you need to know:
    Owner: Manfred Scharmach of NW BMW/MINI and Seattle MINI - great local family and company
    Location: 11532 Lake City Way NE Seattle 98125. Next door to Seattle MINI. Phone: 206-420-6686
    Web: www.bmwmcseattle.com
    We will be opening on the 30th of June as a BMW exclusive sales and service center, and I am the General sales and finance manager. Laurie McSeveney in sales, George and Julio wrenching - all from good ol' Ride West.
    We will be honest, loyal, fair, responsive, friendly, community involved and committed. See you soon! Check out the vid:
  13. Gumby440

Gumby440 n00b

Oddometer:
    I worked Parts at Greenlake back in 1980. Sold lots of parts to Bill Buckingham back in the day. Being a former bike mechanic (Triumph, Norton, Yamaha, Bultaco, and Honda), he trusted me to get him the right parts since I understood what they were. I had kind of Specialized in performance parts for the Japanese inline 4's, but the BMW community were far more about originality and very few aftermarket parts. All very nice people I worked with. I think our lead BMW mechanic was Bill something. He was a handle bar mustache guy. The other mechanic was a high spirited young kid, who did road racing with Dave Wilson who was the service manager (KZ650).... Marco maybe. Anyway, it's good to hear BMW will be back. Someone mentioned Clyde Moslander up above, and that too is a name from the past. As I remember, he was the premier bike painter back then. Sorry for the Honda pic on the profile. I am currently bike-less, since I had back surgery and now my balance is compromised, and can't feel my feet very well.

Rich
    redlabelmoto likes this.
  14. ParkedPatina

ParkedPatina Duke of ROFLs and LMAOs

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to visiting and spending some money there. My last appointment was about week before the former business' abrupt closure.
  15. SebRex13

Oddometer:
    Got an email from Roman today. Wednesday (July 15) is opening day.
    redlabelmoto and Motorius like this.
  16. GR8ADV

GR8ADV Safety Second!

Oddometer:
    Yup soft opening wed. Official not til sept.
  17. GR8ADV

GR8ADV Safety Second!

Oddometer:
    Glad to be the first service and retail customer of the new place. George worked his magic on my 75/5 and the retail shop took care of me for my lofty shirt and hat purchase. Ok so I didn’t cough for a new bike only because another customer came in and was likely to trade his k1600 on a new 1250. Who am I to steal his glory.

Thanks for being back guys!!!
    SebRex13, DRONE and Motorius like this.