BMW Motorrad offer for USAA members

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by craigo298er, Oct 26, 2019.

1. craigo298er

craigo298er Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    wilsonjw42, RunninRanger and dbyker like this.
  3. Fastman

Fastman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There may still also be a $500 credit available for BMWMOA members. I used it when I bought my ‘19 R1250GSA a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, I couldn’t combine it and my USAA eligibility. As JVB recommended, I worked the deal and then added the discount.
    RunninRanger likes this.
  4. WyldCFH

WyldCFH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I made the deal. Then once they papers were all printed and ready to sign i said "Oh Yeah, I have a $500 USAA incentive and I want to roll a Nav VI into the loan." Instead of rerunning the loan approval for the new changes, they added the Nav VI in as a 0 cost line item.
  5. MIKE STH

MIKE STH '19 R1250 GSA HP2 Let's Rock

Oddometer:
    All discounts listed above are on the BMW OFFERS page - I've been shopping. Offers can be combined with monthly incentives, but not in combination with offers above "May not be combined with other special purchase offers including BMW MOA / BMWRA / VBMWMO / BMW Car Club of America Offers, Emergency Services, MSF RiderCoachSM, MSF Basic Rider Course or BMW Group / Center Employee or Valued Vendor Purchase Offers."
  6. jdub

jdub Dawg bytes reel gud Supporter

Oddometer:
    Regarding USAA, I'm partial to this thread.

They told me to piss off many years ago when I was an enlisted Marine as they only dealt with officers. And now their ads are nauseating about how they love and serve the needs of all military personnel and "how they've always been there for us". :finger

Rant over.....
    Frank smith and Pabst like this.
  7. craigo298er

Oddometer:
    Wow, very eloquent for a Marine (Go Navy). Here I was, just trying to save some people money...guess I'm the asshole, huh?

USAA does insure motorcycles, through a deal with Progressive. I insure both of mine through Progressive for USAA members.

Slagging them for not offering services for you when they didn't offer it to enlisted is pretty entitled. They save me thousands every year, so no skin off my back. Kinda stupid to hold on to a grudge for a decade though...
    MIKE STH and Sailorlite like this.
  8. Frank smith

Frank smith R1200GSA, R80RT, 350 EXC-F Supporter

Oddometer:
    you’re not the A-hole. The Marine was just making a point. I remember the same dilemma he speaks of. When USAA became available to us enlisted folks I immediately enrolled and have been a member since ‘98. I recall the same hard feelings. All of the officers had the best and most inexpensive insurance at a time when I needed a break on that much more than they did. It was a hard pill to swallow.
    jdub likes this.
  9. craigo298er

Oddometer:

Okay, but think of it this way: who do you want as a customer if you’re in the business of loaning & making money? People with more disposable income that are less risky, or people that don’t earn as much and have a higher risk of defaulting on a loan?
    I agree it sucks, but to hold a grudge for that long and post about it on an unrelated topic...
    I’d hate to hear about the time he went to McDonald’s in 1990 and the ice cream machine was broken
    m931a2 likes this.