BMW Options At Purchase Of F800GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Motorman, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Motorman

Motorman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Am thinking of the F800GS. What BMW options do you think are "must haves" when you buy a new F800GS??? Most dealers include a good discount for factory options when you buy, so I wonder which ones work well and which ones I should pass on.

Thanks,

Motorman

P.S. This is such a new motor that many after-market companies are scrambling to crank out acces. May be wise to wait for the jury to return with comments on these.
  2. Bucko

Bucko In a parallel world

Oddometer:
    Don't know if it's a "must have" but I went with the BMW skid pan because I got a discount on it, it was easy to order and pay for while I was sitting there writing a big check anyway, it covers the catalytic converter, and it's about the best looking one I've seen. Also, I wanted coverage for the soft parts ASAP and had heard tales of long delays with aftermarket suppliers. I'm sure some are better (the BMW version isn't the thickest aluminum out there) but this one should do what I need it to.
  3. RobTheRigger

RobTheRigger Killing threads here since 2008

Oddometer:
    I'm with Bucko about writing a big check anyway. I'm set up for all-weather combat commuting and some touring, so got the skid plate, crash bars, touring screen, handguards with spoilers (they're separate pieces) heated grips and ABS. If I was back in my single, disposable income days, I would have gotten the Adventure-Spec plate and bars. I think they offer a lot more protection and look better to boot. My 2ยข.

-Rob
  4. divingbiker

divingbiker True Blue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have been to two dealers for stuff for my new 800GS and have found that most of the accessories are back ordered. Same with aftermarket.

I have ordered skidplate, engine guard, radiator guard, headlight grill, hand guards, jessie bags side and top box, larger windshield and throddlemiester cruise and aftermarket seat (not sure which one yet).

However, I love this bike. Way cool and easy to ride.