BMW Parts ordering Online

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Andrewmc, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Andrewmc

Andrewmc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone!

I'm really excited to share something we've been working on for a while. Starting today, you can order your BMW parts online, and have them shipped to your door, all while still buying local.

All you have to do is shop at https://parts.themotorcycleshop.com/, order what you need for any BMW bike, and the order is processed by us and shipped to you. If we have the part in stock it ships straight from us, if not it comes straight from BMW's processing center. Shipping rates are cheap (or you can pick up parts at the shop for free), parts prices are standardized so you know you're not over-paying, and best of all, the whole transaction is kept local, so you can shop online and still shop small.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Andrew
  2. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Andrew, are you wanting business from outside.
  3. Andrewmc

Oddometer:
    So, something that's cool about this is that shipping is standardized for every shop, so it should be the same price to get something through us as anywhere else. You're welcome to try it out and see how it works. I'd appreciate some feedback on shipping time, pricing, etc as a customer outside of Alaska. I wouldn't start with something too important just in case it takes longer than expected, but because this is so new I'm curious to see how this would work out!
  4. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ll give it a try.
  5. PistonPants

PistonPants Crankcase Scavenger

Oddometer:
    Kawasaki and KTM parts too?
  6. Andrewmc

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, no, just for BMW.
  7. Cubdriver

Cubdriver Stampede Swimmer

Oddometer:
    Andrew, great concept, but it has rough spots. I will continue to tr to use it, but the microfiches are incomplete at least in some instances, and part numbers cannot be found. My experience was trying to find a part for the FD on an R100GSPD, 1990. I searched by model number. FD diagram was not there. I got around the issue on the weekend by going to Max's website and finding the number, then ordered it from you because I want to support local business. But it would have been just as easy to click and order it from Max. BTW, I pointed this out in the comments on the order and havent heard a word back. Dick

UPDATE:To be fair, I did get a call from Sara in parts on Saturday, and she explained that the software is not their product, and perhaps BMW will see fit to improve it, if I remember correctly. I hope this happens.
  8. Andrewmc

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback! Like you said, we don't have any control over the software, but there are definitely some issues (especially with older bikes). I passed your comment along to our online manager through the company that does the programming. Thank you for purchasing the parts through us; I know it's faster sometimes to just grab them from Max or somewhere else, but the goal is to make it just as easy to do it through us and still keep everything local. We'll hopefully get there soon!

Andrew