bmw phase3 suit

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by DEAN R.SHALVIS, Oct 14, 2002.

1. DEAN R.SHALVIS

DEAN R.SHALVIS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone tried BMW 'S 3 SUIT AND WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINION FOR COLD WEATHER RIDING AND HOW WOULD IT COMPARE TO THE DARIEN COAT AND PANTS?
    DEAN
  2. miles52

miles52 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello Dean. I have been wathcing this thread because I was looking at that suit also. Well I finally sprung for it on Thursday last. The day I bought it was raining fairly hard and was in the 40 degree's. I had to ride 2 1/2 hrs. home after picking up my bike from dealer so I'll give you my report.

A) THe suit kept me completly dry and mostly warm through out entire ride. ( adding more clothes underneath would have been warmer).

B) have ridden four time's since in high forty's and have been very comfortable. Lots of room to customize with inner layers to add warmth. A very versatile suit just as BMW claims.

C. Very nice looking if that's important to ya.I bought silver and black and it looks great.

D) Is it worth the high price? I have a hard time justifing the price. I feel guilty. But if you have the bucks it is everything it's suppose to be. Hope this helps. Miles
  3. kevbo

kevbo Rubbery-Lip Flappin' PHI

Oddometer:
    As for comparisons:
    Aerostitch will repair whatever needs repairing. Also holds it's value pretty well if you want to sell it at some point.

The BMW stuff is well made, but your on your own if it needs fixing. They update thier styles every year, so it doesn't hold value as well as Aerostitch. This is a good thing if you are a buyer, cuz you can get some good deals on previous generation BMW gear.