BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by wegimex, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Mobiker

Mobiker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I use a carabiner type deal too:
    sbiner.jpg
    danketchpel likes this.
  2. danketchpel

danketchpel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback on dealing with the keys guys.

I went for a ride though the Santa Monica Mtns yesterday with a friend on a Triumph 1200 Scrambler. We stopped in at the Rock Store to see how things were looking. Dang near seemed like back to normal!

20210523_114929-1.jpg

20210523_115313-1.jpg
  3. Zoul

Zoul No Comment Supporter

Oddometer:
    Part of my spring upgrade is changing the speedometer. Why? because it has all of the features of the dual instrument setup in one. That is great, but what is even better is that the speedometer is actually readable and the the warning/turn signal lights are big enough to see. (OK, I'm old, I get it.) And, unlike the Wunderlich tachometer that I have installed on the bike, the tach actually works.

The page that has it is here. Their Instagram is here. I preferred the design over the BMW Option, it's plug and play, and the the cost to my door was $495.

[​IMG]

Here it is installed on the bike. Notice that I still have not removed the Wunderlich Tach. That's because eventually I will put a thermometer in that same spot, but I don't want to take it apart while I'm here and then lose that parts that I need. I do that when I come back down to the lower 48 later this year.

[​IMG]
    danketchpel, Baloo and krellheat like this.
  4. Zoul

Oddometer:
    In addition to the speedo, I installed a Unit Garage tank. I need the range to make it to Deadhorse, and it looks badass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Yashko51

Yashko51 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tell us about that front fender.....
  6. Zoul

Oddometer:
    Jus check out the thread in my sig line. It's all in there.
  7. Baloo

Baloo Itinerant jackass Supporter

Oddometer:
    I cover the waterfront in Norfolk Virginia.
    That new speedo is bad ass
    Zoul likes this.
  8. Baloo

Oddometer:
    Please give us a review after you have a few miles on it. I just went to their website. They say it has all the functions of the OEM speedo. Does it scroll through all the info like trip meters and temperature? I noticed you were putting a temperature gauge on your bike in place of the Wunderlich tach.
  9. Zoul

Oddometer:
    It has all of the functionality of both gauges when you scroll through.

What it doesn't have is ambient temperature, which is what I want to add.
    Baloo likes this.
  10. vagueout

vagueout Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would dearly like to have the big tank.:bubba
    knary, danketchpel and Baloo like this.
  11. danketchpel

danketchpel Long timer

Oddometer:
    That Unit Garage fuel tank is awesome!

They mention it's shorter but it appears to work with the stock seat.

Zoul, what seat to you have?
  12. Fred Gassit

Fred Gassit Munge Knacker Supporter

Oddometer:
    @danketchpel the stock seat will not fit with the Unit Garage tank. If anything it is a bit longer, I could not get the stock seat far enough forward. Luckily the single seat has an adjustment on the rear bracket and I was able to get it to fit but it still needs to be adjusted at the front which will happen in a few weeks when it goes to the trimmers. You can see the gap between the seat and the aluminium frame cover in this picture. Still very happy with the tank, it is very well made and the paintwork is excellent.

[​IMG]
  13. danketchpel

danketchpel Long timer

Oddometer:
    @Fred,

Thanks for the feedback! It's rather confusing looking at UG's website.

What is your estimated range now? Any other fit concerns etc.?

Also, I watched the video on their website which is in Italian with subtitles. The guy mentions "no irritating vibes" I was wondering if those handlebars improves bar vibes given the crossbar etc.?
  14. Fred Gassit

Oddometer:
    When I first put the tank on I strapped a 5 litre container of petrol on and ran the tank dry, it went 360kms. The only thing with the installation was the low fuel indicator sat a bit high and would show reserve at about 180kms. I filed new slots in its mounting bracket so it would sit a bit lower in the tank. It now comes on at about 260kms. As far as vibrations go my bike is pretty smooth and I never really noticed any handlebar vibration but I do have end weights... :dunno
    Hope this helps... :thumb
    danketchpel likes this.
  15. Baloo

Oddometer:
    A9AFC6EA-6EE8-423A-AB37-EEBEA3141624.jpeg 194D034A-F21B-432A-BD94-FA7DB9953D85.jpeg

This just followed me home. Stumbled upon it on the way to the dealership. It was twice the value of all the mods and labor with a little sprinkled on top. The scrambler never interested me until yesterday.
  16. vagueout

vagueout Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_1724.JPG Sunday morning, winter down under, detour off the sealed road for a look around.:*sip*
    Detroit Steve and Baloo like this.
  17. Fred Gassit

Oddometer:
    Good to see it back out on the road, I bet you`re glad that it didn't sell.... :thumb
    Baloo likes this.
  18. vagueout

vagueout Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, re-registered it last September and only added another 5,000km in that time, it has 15000 km on it now and now running on semi synth diesel oil and is definitely starting to loosen up little at this milage as boxers do. Coming back I opened it up to 140kph to overtake went a little more to 160kph for the first time on this bike and it felt smooth and lively, a little more gas and came on hot n strong to 180 and wanted to keep going with the feeling there was quite more available. It tends to get used as a running around bike , I've been calling it the poor man's Vespa. Gets the occasional ride out of Sydney, Sunday was 300km, most out of town riding is on my cam head Adv. If I had sold it back in 2019 I know for sure I'd be looking at the sales sites for another one! I'm retired and live alone so I have to get out of the guilt feeling thing about having too many bikes, I have no one to answer too, a good feeling in itself.:lol3
  19. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    What! No rondels?
  20. shreddr

shreddr No try, do or not do

Oddometer:
    Is anybody putting a good set of USD forks on these bikes? A nice WP unit or Ohlins?
    danketchpel likes this.